Friday, January 18, 2013

A Blanket of Fog

Hello, Friday, so nice to see you.

It's been a pretty exhausting week so I'm happy Friday is here. Not to mention, it's been freezing for about 10 days straight (but no rain!) so snuggling up on the couch with a good book my Anatomy & Physiology book and some tea sounds pretty relaxing.

This week, I finally pulled out an oldie, but goodie - my hooded, gloved Adidas running top! One of the best running purchases I've made, even though I cringed at the price back then.


Tuesday night we went to our friends' Sarah and Cory's house for dinner. We brought salad and the best brownies to contribute.

Before I picked up ingredients for the salad, I had to google "Italian salad" to figure out what would go well with the manicotti main dish. I settled on: romaine lettuce, carrot ribbons, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, red onion and kalamata olives w/ poppyseed dressing.


Tuesday and Wednesday, I kept my workouts indoors, but Thursday I headed out into the cold fog for a little speed workout. It looked really cool at the track with such a big group and a blanket of fog surrounding us.


The workout: warm up, drills/strides, 3 rounds of 5 min jogging the curves and sprinting the straights, 800m @ 5K pace and finally a cool down.


This morning, my legs were a bit stiff and sore. I went back to what's worked so well for me in the past - running slow and relaxed for a few miles. After all, I'm hoping my legs aren't too sore for Sunday's Cascade Half Marathon.

Anyone else racing this weekend? Any fun plans or recipes on your mind?

4 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

No races for me! It's too dang cold. Our high for Monday is honestly -2F. Frick that is cold!

I have very little planned besides studying. I get Monday off so I really want to sleep in a bit and then get my study hours in so I can have the afternoon/evening to read and relax!!!

Leigh said...

No racing for me this weekend. Hope your race goes well!

Tasha @Healthy Diva said...

Good luck tomorrow- I hope that your legs will feel nice & fresh.

No big plans this weekend or races for me. I am looking forward to being a bum. :-)

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

Speed work always makes my legs a little stiff and sore too, especially the inner thigh! I hope your half marathon went well and you were not too sore for it!