So this week, is operation DETOX.
What does this mean?
- It means more veggies and fruit. I bought greens, broccoli, green bell pepper, apples and pears yesterday.
- No candy (other than dark chocolate)
- Less cereal for breakfast - I buy fairly low in sugar cereal, but I need to mix up my bfast options
- Minimal dairy - it's easy to get carried away when we have cheddar cheese and ice cream in the house
- Cut out the extra snacking, random bites, mindless eating while making dinner or sitting at my desk
- Green tea - better go get some!
I was reminded the importance of fuel yesterday as I came home famished after a 7 mile trail run with Lindsey, tea and grocery shopping how important fueling well is.
As most of us are athletes, this isn't anything new, but it's amazing how often my mood or ability to function is directly related to the amount and quality of food I've eaten.
So if I'm snacking often, it's likely that I need to do one (or all of the following): bump up the protein, eat more veg and fiber, keep my hands and mind busy, and drink more water.
BTW, hours of studying DNA replication can make your brain want to explode and/or go fuzzy. Crazy how complicated such a common thing in our bodies can be!
Nov. 4th prompt - what's in your purse, bag, backpack everyday? #NHBPM
I haven't been carrying a purse lately because I always have my backpack full of chemistry and biology books, my planner, a binder and lots of pens, pencils and a highlighter. It's all about the necessities these days.
In fact, I went into TJMaxx yesterday looking for a fun holiday decoration and left thinking "how can I buy holiday decorations when I need to pay tuition, buy xmas gifts, save for a wedding?" Practicality, baby.
Tell me what one/some of your favorite songs at weddings are - either to dance to, during the wedding or otherwise. I have terrible music taste (for the most part). Thank god the manfriend is a music aficionado.