Viva Las Vegas

My bags are packed and I'm ready to go! 

Most of our high school group of girls are Vegas bound tomorrow morning. I'm super excited for a short getaway to SUN (currently a downpour in Eugene) and the opportunity to see some girlfriends I rarely see!



I've selected my smallest carry on (even though we're flying Southwest - free bag check) to force myself to bring just what I need on this three day adventure.


Stuffed in there I have: two swim suits, three sweat wicking tops (in case I want to run or just hang out in athletic wear), one dress, two tanks, two tops, two pair of shorts, one pair of jeans, two pair of heels and two pair of flats and one pair of Vibrams.

I figured the Vibrams are a nice option since I don't actually KNOW that I'll be working out. If I want to, I can do a run/walk combo in them or easily do a sweatastic circuit workout anywhere I want.

We touch down in Vegas before noon tomorrow so you can bet we'll be poolside shortly after.

My goal is to: have a lot of fun, laugh a TON, use SPF so I don't get fried and drink plenty of H2O (among other things).

My favorite things about Vegas: the people watching and the fact that it's perfectly acceptable to have a drink at anytime of the day. No, that isn't common place in my life, but for some reason the novelty of it in Vegas is just fun.

Viva Las Vegas Workouts
Between my chiropractor appointments and having a short week, I busted my butt on the workout front so I could get the most bang for my workout minutes.

Monday - Fitnessista strength/cardio workout (30 min), which incorporated the Schweaty May Workout plus plenty of mountain climbers, burpees, jump squats, etc. Walk 2.3 miles post work. *chiro

Tuesday - 4 mile run (am), 1 hr ZenSpot HOT yoga w/ lots of twists and glute work (pm)

Wednesday - 5:15 am wake up, 5.75 mile run w/ 1 min pickups, 25 minute Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones DVD *chiro

Thursday - 5:15 am wake up, 4.25 mile run w/ 5 x 600m hard, 25 min bike trainer spin, 20 min core and yoga stretch

After seeing the chiro again on Wednesday, he had the chance to work on my foot and it was awesome. The joint now feels very mobile and "unlocked." This week I really tried not to do my jumping exercises (jump squats, burpees, etc) after my chiropractic appointments so I wouldn't jam things back. It made for early mornings, but was much more efficient than my typical workout schedule.

What are your plans for the weekend? Someday, my goal is to go camping and BBQ like the rest of America on Memorial Day weekend.

Comments

Oh fun! I remember when you were dress shopping for this weekend! I can't wait to hear all about it, sounds like it will be a fun break for you.

This weekend will be all about studying for me! I am going to have dinner with my aunt and uncle on Sunday night, though, so I am looking forward to that. And it's my LAST weekend of studying. Woo hip!
Amber said…
Have a GREAT weekend away with your girlfriends! I haven't had a girls weekend since our weekend in Victoria in October but I've been craving one lately. I will be having a mini one the weekend before my wedding so that will be great!
Have fun and enjoy the sun! It sounds like you guys have a fun weekend planned. This weekend for me will be...brunch, running, and hanging with friends!
Lindsey said…
I'm glad the chiro was able to help your foot! Have a blast this weekend! I'm jealous... I think I have to spend the weekend working :( Oh but I have the Ridgeline run on Saturday which I'm really excited for!
Leigh said…
Hope you have so much fun in Vegas! Send some of the sunshine my way :)
Tasha Malcolm said…
I am soooo jealous you are going to Vegas. I haven't been since I turned 21!!!! I guess that means I need to go, right?! Have a blast and I wouldn't be worried about working out too much. I would soak up the sun. :-)
Ricole Runs said…
Vegas Vegas VEGAS!!! Have a blast. Eat some Canes Chicken! :-)
missris said…
Wow you've packed a lot into that little suitcase! Have a great weekend!!

Popular Posts