We're too old for this.

Exhibit A - we prefer to hang by the wall away from the dj

Exhibit B - guys posing for bicep photos look ridiculous

Exhibit C - manfriend's biceps don't quite match up

Exhibit D - the bar tender looks like a lumber jack bodybuilder


By 10 pm and 1 1/4 beer later, I was wiped. The manfriend and I both agreed we were so relieved we were past the days of feeling like you had to dress up to impress others. While it was great people watching, I prefer a laid back atmosphere where you can casually sip your beer while sitting down with friends.

Has anyone else had a recent "I feel too old for this" moment? I hope you have a faaabulous Friday!

Comments

Carmy said…
I know exactly what you mean. I've never been a fan of bars but the times I have gone I always try to find a "quiet" spot so my wife and I can just hang out and chill with friends. I gave up on the bicep poses and acting like a fool years ago. Great blog post!
Emily said…
i love that you took a picture of those meatheads. last night i didn't think i was too old for wild stp day drinking. this morning on the other hand...
Emily-I didn't want to call them meatheads because I thought I might sound uber mean, but thank you for confirming that they are in fact, meatheads. :)
haha, i think these pics are great! You're never too old for St Patty's celebrations - as I'm sure the crowd at that bar proved true. I did have a few "I'm too old for this" moments with the eventual in-laws this week, but that's another story... ;)

Happy weekend!!
I am impressed that you were out until 10 on a 'school night'. ;) I am in bed at 9:30 most nights!!

When i go out downtown and see girls in super short skirts - esp in the dead of winter when it's like negative 20 - I think that i am too old for this... And i get discouraged and think - I can NOT compete with that. But then I remember that the kind of guys who are drawn to those kind of girls are not the kind of guys I would date anyway which prob sounds judgmental/snobby of me, but oh well.

Popular Posts