Brain Block.

It seems that I've had a bit of a brain block lately in the realm of what to write or take photos of. Sure, I'm posting content here when I get inspired (or have to tell you how many miles I'm running), but some days I just think "ugh...brain, are you there?"

I know when I'm stressed it seems to overwhelm my every thought. There is not an inch of room for creativity, cool projects or pulling together a fun outfit. It just doesn't happen. Know what I mean?

There are lots of ideas stored up in this head of mine and drafted in google and yet, nothing. But that's okay.

I ran 17 miles. And ate a raspberry cream cheese danish from my favorite bakery. And shared some takeout pizza and vino with the manfriend. And hung out with my youth mentee. And read some magazines. I guess my brain went on a little picnic this weekend. I'm just not sure how to reign it in and get all the parts chugging along at a rapid pace again. One thing I know for sure is, it will be back.

I think this noggin just needs another nap. Or some caffeine. Monday, I guess I wasn't ready for you.

Comments

Lindsey said…
Great job running 17! Did you run on trails or roads? I don't think I have ever been to Eugene City Bakery. I might need to try it.
Well done on your 17 miler! That is awesome. My 6 miler went MUCH better tonight. I got a treadmill close to a fan. Amen to that.

My brain is in a fog right now, too. I am not handling the stress in my life super well right now and I feel like I have a constant "deer in headlights" look on my face to some extent... But I also know all this stress is temporary & I will feel much better once I have these stupid finance exams behind me. I swear, this phase of my life could be title "hazing for finance geeks".
Well you had one busy weekend (exercise-wise), so I'm not surprised that noggin needs a nap ;) Really though, we all hear ya! Sometimes the words just don't flow, the creative recipes just don't happen, and that's 110% okay. Here's to hoping the week goes quickly and smoothly :)
siri said…
I'm always amazed and impressed by the topics you come up with, so the occasional blogger's block (doesn't that sound so nerdy?!) is totally expected/acceptable.

I haven't posted on my site in a long time now, not so much because I don't know what to write, but because I'm too busy wiping a butt and nose during the day and can't muster up the energy to bake anything at night! Any suggestions???

p.s. mmm....raspberry danish.....
Lindsey-I ended up doing about half on trails and hills. Started at Alton Baker and ran to campus and then a few more miles on the flats before heading up on ribbon trail then back to flats and then back on the ribbon trail for more hilly pain! A good mix of everything for sure.

Lisa-You will survive (and rock) those finance exams! Hang in there.

H & Siri - Gracias! Some days the words just don't to me like I'd prefer.

Popular Posts