Oh my breakfast!

Let's get straight to it. These days I've been a little breakfast obsessed. I'd say it's my favorite meal to prepare and eat every day. Dinner is fun, but a little more complicated because I feel like I have to make something new and creative all the time.

Green smoothies for days I need an extra kick of green (or am going to be eating lots of bread/carbs that day)

Hot or cold oats almost ANY day because I can do so much to change the flavor depending on my preference that day (cinnamon, banana, blueberries, pumpkin, coconut, etc)

Cold cereal with a drizzle of pb for mornings I need to get out the door!

And my most recent expiriment - Ashley's breakfast bake!

Oh and do you remember how I did NOT enjoy overnight oats last spring? Well, surprise, surprise - I actually prefer them to hot oats these days! I usually prep them when I wake up and eat them an hour or so later.

What's your oat preference: hot or cold? What is your favorite weekday breakfast?

Comments

Amber said…
I would say I eat oats 4-5 days of the week. I prefer stovetop, HOT oats but have been known to make overnight ones as well!

Occasionally I will have toast or a green monster but the majority of the time it's oats!
My favorite breakfast is scrambled eggs w/ lots of salsa mixed in. I find this is the only breakfast that really fills me up for quite awhile! I also like oatmeal but GF oatmeal is so expensive, I don't eat it very often...
Sad to admit, but my breakfast rarely changes! I actually prefer to keep it simple, because I love being productive (re: emails, blogs, etc) in the morning and enjoying my cup of coffee. Then, suddenly, I'm starving and I go for the oats :)

That being said, a LOT of Ashley's breakfasts are "starred" and waiting for my morning attention!
Anonymous said…
I like hot oats in the winter unless I did a hard workout in the morning - then I want cold ones (usually in the form of the Fitnessista's breakfast cookie :)

Popular Posts