Food should be fun

Oh man, I'm enjoying a serious content belly at the moment. As a result, I thought I'd share some of the good eats we've been having around here.

The perfect chocolate chip cookies (with nearly 2 sticks of butta)

Personal flat out wrap veggie pizzas

Sunday night I made cherry chip cupcakes for the coworkers. I made them slightly healthier by using some yogurt to sub for 1/2 the oil and 1 flax egg for 1 of the 3 eggs.

Manfriend's white chocolate mocha from Perugino Tuesday night. I LOVE when they make a cool design on top.

And finally, last night's ricotta/spinach/onion stuffed manicotti.

The gooeyness makes my heart happy.

After looking at some of these delish eats from the past two weeks, it's a good thing a) I've also eaten a few salads and green smoothies and b) I've exercised a decent amount.

Let's be honest, I love food. I believe meals and snacks should be tasty and fun to make. If cooking for yourself or a loved one feels like a chore, find a recipe you've been drooling over, spend a Sunday afternoon and just get your cook on. Don't stress over it. Enjoy the process and ultimately, the finished product.

Yesterday was flurry of action: biked to and from work on my heavy ole mountain bike (5.75 mi each way), ran 4 miles of trails at lunch and then finished the day with another crazy Lifeforce Fit class. My calves are begging for mercy (or more foam rolling).

What one fun recipe/ concoction have you put together lately?

Comments

Michelle said…
Ohhh, that manicotti looks so good. I'm not sure if it's because of the surgery, but I'm having some major cravings for foods that I haven't enjoyed in a long time. Enchiladas and those breakfast sandwiches from Barry's Deli, particular! Last week I made that socca pizza and that was kind of fun.
Amber said…
Yum yum yum! That manicotti looks AMAZING!!!

I ate an entire big bag of M&M's in 2.5 days. Sigh. Does that count as "fun food"? Lol. I had good intentions of making cookies with them but then got too busy and in the habit of grabbing a random handful here and there. Next thing I know, they are gone!
Michelle-I haven't had one of those Barry's sandwiches, but it sounds like something perfect post long ride/run.

Amber-Yeah, having candy around is so easy for me to just munch on it constantly.
Ohhhh that manicotti...I really need to remember to buy Ricotta cheese. I'm a BIG fan, and for some reason NEVER use it?! Gah.
Run Jess Run said…
Cherry Chip cake is a staple in my family.
Erin said…
These items all look EXTREMELY delicious!!! I cannot wait to get back into making some food. My fiance and I have been rehearsing for a theater production the past month. This means many on the go meals and not much time to cook. Our show is this weekend so next week I'll get back to my daily routines---which include working out and cooking MUCH MORE nutritious meals than I've had lately. I might try some of your recipes :)

Popular Posts