Be Prepared to Drool

So, you may be wondering what I decided to do for my first baking project with the new mixer. I have an email draft that has a long list of recipes I want to bake in addition to all the google reader feeds I have starred from various blog posts. From those, I focused in on Angela's Skinny Mini GloBuns.

They're fairly easy, semi healthy and there isn't any fridgerating of the dough that needs to happen. I always hate getting halfway into a recipe and realizing that I can't eat the cookies that night, but rather I have to wait until the next day. With these, there's only the time it takes you to mix it all up.

I have to admit, it wasn't until halfway through the recipe that it dawned on me this thing was going to be entirely vegan (if i wanted). Granted, I threw in some non vegan yogurt and milk because I wanted to, but I was surprised how well they turned out without an egg and a serious amount of sugar.

I also added 1-2 T of pumpkin puree, which seemed to make the dough super wet. I had to add probably 1 CUP extra flour, which made me nervous, but I went with my gut and it turned out in the end.

Now, I said these were tasty, but my version wasn't exactly pretty. The dough was still a bit sticky, which made it hard to roll up carefully. But who cares? A cinnamon roll is still a cinnamon roll.





You may notice the dog was intently staring and drooling over these as I pulled them out of the oven. Even the manfriend awoke from a semi-coma like nap on the couch to indulge in two of these just before bed.

And that my friend, is a recipe you can't go wrong with. Have you ever healthified cinnamon rolls before? What is the next thing on your list to bake? Mine would be these tagalongs from We are not Martha. Healthy? Not so much. But worth it? Definitely.

Evidence that I may love pumkin cinnamon rolls and We are not Martha's recipes just a wee bit. I'm just doing my part in keeping pumpkin shelved in stores year round. :)

You Know you're a Runner When...
A. You think 8.25 miles is so close to 10 mi you just have to make it happen
B. You run on the lunch hour because the miles matter more than a non showered afternoon in the office
C. What are your "you know you're a runner when" moments of late?

Have a fabulous Friday! We have a little fun getaway planned so I'm definitely looking forward to the weekend.

Comments

J said…
yum yum they still look pretty good! I could go for one right now!

You know you are a runner when you have spare shoes and running clothes in the trunk of your car. And also pairs of socks and a towel in case you forget something when you go run at the gym!
Amber said…
O m g those look SO GOOD! I love cinnamon rolls a lot!

You know your a runner when your strong legs have no problem doing the warrior series in yoga but your tight hamstrings keep you from barely touching your toes :P

Happy Friday!
siri said…
Yum!

How about this: you know you're a (former) runner when...you remember running 26.2 miles but have trouble fathoming 1.2.
Dayumn those look good! Bookmarked the recipe - D would LOVE it if I made those for breakfast :)

On another note, if it's anywhere close, I always feel the urge to round it out with an even 10 :) It's my favorite LR distance!

I know I'm a runner when: all I can think about today is my RUN tomorrow, for the first time all week! And when I'm jealous (but proud!) that my sister got her speedwork in this week, and checked off the Tempo Run. ;)
J- Good thinking! Always have to be ready for a run. There's RARELY a day when I don't bring all my workout stuff to work with me. And some days it's just in CASE I have a little time to get my workout or run on.

Amber- so true. My hamstrings hurt so bad last night when I was trying to stretch post run.

Siri-THat's a good one!

H-You'll have to tell me if you try making those for D!
Gracie said…
I like cinnamon rolls, but I usually use whole wheat and sub sour cream for shortening or oil.
liz said…
Mmm delicious! A funny thing about me though is that I can't stand to have sticky fingers so I have to eat cinnamon rolls with a fork!
You know you are a runner when you run outside in 18 degree weather! I went for my first outdoor run in 2 months yesterday. It was a little hard on the lungs at first as they are not used to breathing in cold air when running but it went pretty well!

Those rolls look delicious! I am not sure what my next cooking/baking project will be! I did so much yesterday for the party, I am sort of 'baked' out. :)
Emily said…
I want to hang out in your kitchen!

You already know I'm a firm believer of the lunchtime run and no shower...

Also, you know you're a runner when you wear compression sleeves underneath your real clothes at the office...definitely rocking that look today.
scarves said…
It's funny, You always post great photos. And I'm glad you're feeling happy! :) Faucets Faucets

Popular Posts