When sick: enlist all measures

I'm still not sure that any of these is curing the crappy cold and congestion I have going on, but I'll continue to pull out all my tricks until I'm told otherwise.

I...

drank water
zinc'd
Emergen-C'd
drank coffee and then tea (w/ honey)
rested (didn't even open an eyelid when the manfriend hustled off to work)
did some work from home
vacuumed
stayed in my pj's until 2 pm
whipped up some spicy soup (hey, maybe I'll scare the sickness away)
drank another gallon of water
spun on the trainer (hell, if I can't run, I'll try sweating it out indoors)
cleaned the bathroom
walked the dog
cooked up southwest pumpkin veggie burgers
contemplated making cookies (but we don't have brown sugar - thank god)
contemplated going to bed at 8:30 pm

I wish sick days could be more about laying on the couch watching your favorite movies and drifting of to sleep (the sleep I really need). But for some reason, I can't keep my butt parked in place when I see STUFF to do. Crossing my fingers I'll wake up tomorrow feeling 100%.

*In case you read via feed reader, I finally added an "About" page. Hey, it only took 3 years! ;)

Comments

Darn - you are sick again? That sucks! You have had a rough time w/ being since this fall/winter it seems...

Rest up and try not to feel guilty about laying on the couch & watching movies/reading/etc... It's what your body needs!!
Anonymous said…
Maybe the spicy soup and trainer session will sweat it out of you? ;) Hope you're feeling better!
Lisa-Yeah, I know! The last few years I've been getting these crappy colds pretty often. I'm so over it!

Thanks for the get well wishes, all. Spending a few hrs at work and then probably heading home to sleep this afternoon.
liz said…
I may have to take some if this advice, I've currently lost my voice :(

Popular Posts