One wrong ingredient

I bought this almond butter on sale at the grocery store because it was on sale for $3.99 and I was out of almond butter. Well, there's a reason this stuff was on sale. Yuck.

After one bite of it, I really should have tossed the whole jar. It was quite the disappointment.

Don't get me wrong, Blue Diamond hits the nail on the head on a lot of products like their Lime n Chili roasted almonds. Holy yum! But almond butter with honey, they just don't have it down yet.

Anywho, last night I attempted to make some homemade energy bars and the whole flavor is off because of the almond butter. I really should have used peanut butter like the recipe said anyway, but I'm a rebel like that.



Wrong ingredient aside, I still had fun putting these together. Just wished they had turned out a little better.

Lesson learned. Follow instructions and use ingredients you know and love! Trader Joe's, here I come.

Oh and the only weird thing on the Blue Diamond almond butter ingredient list was corn maltodextrin. Find out more about that here. I wonder if that's the reason the taste was just totally off or perhaps a bad batch of almonds?

I hope everyone is having a great Friday! Isn't it such a relief when Friday hits (or whenever your Fri is if you're not a m-f worker bee)?? I just bought tickets for the manfriend and I too see Amos Lee on Saturday night. It's been far too long since I've seen live music.

What fun thing are you looking forward to this weekend? What are you not so much looking forward to?

I'm looking forward to the concert (obviously) and a long run.

Not looking forward to vacuuming up the dog hair around our house, the rain and the weekend's end. ;)

Comments

I bought TWO jars of pb recently because it was a cheaper brand (only peanuts + salt on the ingredients, so that's a win), and oof. It is not good :( Sad day, because obviously I'll eat it anyway...ha

We're goin out for a movie date tonight! Then I have to work Saturday night and Sunday - boo. But at least I'll get to sleep in both days (bright side here) ;)

Have fun at the concert!
Have fun at Amos Lee! He opened for a concert I went to this summer and he was awesome!

I am looking forward to lunch + pedicures with girlfriends. I am not really looking forward to all the studying I have to do for this finance exam I am studying for...
Anonymous said…
Hey Lauren - just wondering because you weren't quite specific... What was it about the Blue Diamond Butter that didn't taste right? Was it too sweet? (Corn Maltodextrin is code name for sugar).
Gracie said…
I bought that on sale, too, and I was also disappointed - to me the texture was just WEIRD. It felt like that clay you make with cornstarch and water! I still ate it though. Just 'cause I'm a cheapskate.
Anonymous - it tasted just a bit chemically to me. Just a little off and oily, enough not to taste good. Maybe I'm use to more of a roasted almond butter?
Amber said…
I had Blue Diamond Almond Butter once and did NOT enjoy it. It totally had an off taste compared to other nut butters. So you're not alone!
J said…
That stinks! I hate it when things don't taste right. I am not looking forward to going outside in the cold but I am looking forward to shopping and hopefully getting some wedding stuff done!

Popular Posts