Just fit it in

Often times, things come up on random nights of the week that sound fun, but honestly, they get in the way of my workout. I know. Seriously, it's annoying. Yeah, this is part of dealing with my perfectionist tendancies.

But today, I dealt with it and moved my workout. Often times, I'm determined to put me first (have you heard about the movement?) rather than attend said museum opening, wine tasting or community event that I WANT TO ATTEND. For some reason, my workout always seems #1.

Ultimately, I know that a balance in all life's activities is important, but for some reason, I can't shake the idea of missing a workout (and I've yet to become an early riser).

Alas, the stars were aligned because when I popped out at lunch for my midday speed workout and some time on the bark trail, the sun was out and the temps were near 60! Seriously, it felt like a heat wave. I busted out a 1 mile warm up, some running drills the coaches make us do, 3x1 mile @ tempo (just under 8 min/mile) with the last 400 meters of each mile run super hard and 2 min walk break in between the miles and finally, a cool down 1.5 miles. It was glorious.

After work, I headed to my mentor appreciation social and realized it was totally worth moving around my plans. I networked and had some really meaningful conversations with a few people that made the hassle all worth it.

Who else is stubborn like me? Sometimes I feel like the earth is going to start convusling if I take more than one rest day per week. Yeah, I might have control issues.

Okay, time for bed. I need to get up early to get a little sweat on before a long day of meetings tomorrow.

Comments

Well I personally admire your commitment to getting your workouts in! I am not so great about that sometimes! But I do struggle to shuffle things around when I have a 'schedule' in mind... So I can relate.

Have a great weekend!
Ha, first of all - Love the Me First movement shout-out :) I Have yet to blog about the shirt I won (entering with my Guest Post a while ago), but I LOVE it. And the movement! And Rebecca, my friend, who started it ;)

I always feel guilty missing a workout b/c of other plans too, but usually just find a different way to fit the sweat-sesh in! I love getting up early to get the heart going, but I know that's not everyone's ideal situation. You'll find your own balance :)

Popular Posts