1.1.11

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Yesterday was the perfect last day of 2010. We headed out early into the cold temps to hike/run up Spencer's Butte and get a bird's eye view of Eugene and the entire Willamette Valley.



This also happens to be the location of one of the manfriend and I's first dates. We did a night hike with lots of layers and head lamps. It was a lot of fun and a little romantic looking down at the city lights below on the top of this peak.

After our 4+ mile run/hike, we showered and made up for all those burnt calories by eating a cinnamon roll (each) and a piece of coconut cream pie and doing a little beer tasting at the local brewery. Well, perhaps those resolutions for 2011 should include something about developing a new relationship with sugar, eh?

Our NYE plans were pretty low key. The intention was to go out for dinner and drinks with the manfriend and then come home to watch the ball drop with Carson Daly. However, after lots of good food (local gouda fondue and a great salad) and a few drinks, I was out.

I was determined to see the ball drop, but after falling asleep on the couch a few times, the manfriend asked "now why do you want to see the ball drop so bad?" I was incoherently tired and stumbled off to bed. So much for even counting down to midnight.

I hope everyone's New Year's Eve was just what you had hoped! Can't believe it's now 2011. 2010 seriously flew by faster than any year I can remember. Does that continue to happen year after year? I sure hope not. I plan to savour all the exciting moments of the year to come.

Comments

Laura said…
I hear you! I just get so tired lately. I did manage to stay up last night, but only because I had coffee around 6pm.
Laura said…
PS - happy New Year :)
Anonymous said…
Happy New Year!
I love hiking and running at Spencer's Butte/Ridgeline. I have been there so many times but it's still fun.
Gracie said…
I was TRYING to sleep through it but ended up staying up trying to get housework done!
Amber said…
Aww sounds like a fabulous way to ring in the New Year! I love that that was also one of your guy's first dates :)

We didn't stay up till midnight either! We were out by 11. Lol!
That does sound like the perfect way to round out the year!! This is around the 2 yr anniversary for you and the man friend, right??

We had fun in Boulder with my Sis and her boy - dinner out, dancing and a few Champagne bottles ;)

p.s. Happy Birthday!!
Heather-Yes, almost two years (jan 4 was our first date)! Sounds like you guys had a fun NYE!
Happy New Year doll!!!

I love the pics! What a beautiful day it was for New Years, i love it when it is cold and clear :) So "wintery" to me!

xxoo
Aw, that is cool that was one of your first dates. I remember that this is around your anniversary as you met at a NYE party if I remember correctly?

Those pics are awesome!

I agree, 2010 flew by... I was glad ot see it go, but I am hoping things slow down a bit this year!
liz said…
I think after that active day you deserved to go to bed early :) Happy New Year Lauren!
Emotion Wizard said…
Hello ! I'am fall in your blog by fate, i'am french but i love speak english !
so if you have 5 minuts, send me a answers, if you are ok for a little discussion :)
anastasia said…
i love the butte hike! my husband proposed to me at the top, glad to hear it's romantic for others too. happy new year!

Popular Posts