On flexibility, the wheel & cranberry muffins

Because of the chaos in life and work in general, I've been lacking in focused posting lately. Perhaps you've noticed. Anywho, that will change in the new year. It has to.

The wheel: the pose I really want to work on. It's so good for you and while I can do it, I can't stay too long. My goal is to really work on my back flexibility and arm and leg strength in this pose.

One thing I've been thinking about lately is flexibilty and not in the yoga sense. With so many social events coming up, I've found myself overwhelmed with trying to fit it all in without letting my workouts slide. I don't know how parents with full time jobs and children do it!

In some ways, it's great because I don't just let anything get in the way of my fitness and health. But on the other hand, mentally, it might not be the best way to operate.

For 2011, I've been thinking that I'd like to work toward being a little more flexible. I won't be throwing my routine out the window, but giving up a little workout occasionally (and listening to the manfriends suggestions now and then) couldn't hurt me. Or maybe I'll just have to become a morning workout chica.

Tonight I whipped up these vegan cranberry walnut muffins after dinner. They're definitely a semi sweet breakfasty type muffin.

I'm planning to heat one or two of these up tomorrow and throw a little peanut butter on top. Mmm...

Have you been thinking about your goals for 2011 yet? I've never really stuck to my resolutions, but it is nice to have something to work on. Apparently, if you write it down, you make it happen?

Song of the night: Feliz Navidad

What's your favorite Christmas song?

Comments

My fave Christmas song is either O Holy Night or Silent Night... I am a traditionalist so like the old classic songs!

I'm really struggling to find a balance between fitness & fun right now... I felt like I was always saying no to invitations from various people in my life so lately I've felt like I 'have to' say yes or they are going to give up on me completely... I wish I was more of a morning person and could do my work outs before work but getting up at 5:45 is tough enough as it... I can't imagine getting up at like 4:30 and working out...
Yeah, 4:30am would be way to early for me. You're a trooper to be up at 5:45am as it is! I guess that's just how the whole work life is.
Amber said…
Love the wheel pose!

Omg my life is SWAMPED right now. I cannot wait to go back to working only 4 days a week - that is how I've managed to find true balance in my life I think. Working 5 days a week + freelancing + social events + workouts is too much lately!
I got some tips on Wheel in class this morning - use your thighs to bring your hips up (rather than squeezing butt muscles) and squeeze the "pencil" between your shoulders to open up :) (an expression a lot of teachers I've gone to use - just meaning bring your shoulder blades together)!

Flexible is all we can be right now - schedules, life and holiday plans make things crazy! I've always been a huge fan of the morning work out, something you do for Yourself before the day really starts.
Laura said…
Somehow that pic is really inspiring... I want to try the wheel but am still at the office. Hopefully I remember when I'm home tonight!

I'm just now starting to think about resolutions, but I have plenty of time still. Probably won't finalize them till NYE.

Popular Posts