Just what I needed

After a few stressful days at work, I needed tonight's Lifeforce Fit class. I walked in with a cloudy head and left with a clear mind. Don't you love when that happens?

One interesting thing I noticed was how wobbly I was today during yoga at the beginning. My balance was way off and I attribute this to my mind being so cluttered I couldn't focus simply on the warrior III.

After a few salutations, we moved on to the bulk of class.

A few of the highlights:
3 min holding forearm plank (i took a few breaks)
20 reps of burpees (yikes)
20 more reps of burpees (ouch)
50 ball wall squats
25 reps weighted squats x3

It's safe to say that my butt and quads will thank me tomorrow, most likely in the form of soreness. I do love pain that comes with a good workout!

On another note, football fans (or girlfriends of ESPN addicts) may know that Urban Meyer stepped down as the University of Florida's head coach and retiring (for now). At 46, he's realizing this is the time to take for himself and his family. He missed every game his daughters played in high school (who are now playing D-1 volleyball in college) and is putting a pause on his big time, big STRESS job to enjoy what life is all about.

The press conference is actually pretty thoughtful and less football than you would think. Take a look! So much of our society gets caught up in these big fancy accomplishments and careers even if it means sacrificing quality of life.

When I was in a train station in Germany during my European Adventure, one of the ticket agents had a conversation with me about how Americans just work, work, work and are sick and stressed all the time whereas in other countries, people work to live and actually enjoy their life. What a concept! It's all about balance, which our culture tends to have a hard time doing.

Comments

Yes, us Americans definitely have a different approach to work and our careers compared to Europeans. They definitely work to live and we more so live to work and place a lot of our value as human beings in our careers and work accomplishments... I am trying to get away from doing that because it's dangerous to put so much of my worth in my career... which I learned this spring...


3 minutes in plank position? Holy moley! That's impressive. Planks kill me! And I need to google burpees becuase I have no idea what they are!
Wow, good for him. Those girls probably missed him - but better late than never :)

Holy Burpees, girl. OUCH.

Popular Posts