Butter goes swimming in molasses...

Sunday night I sent some butter swimming in molasses and sugar. Yeah, I know. My heart palpitated for a second and then I remembered what I was making.

With a little flour and such, it turned into this

I couldn't resist busting out the cowboy and tree. I don't really like sugar cookies so why not for gingerbread men/cowboys?

Ready to eat!

Thanks for sharing the recipe, Jenna!

What's your favorite cookie? Gingerbread men are high on my list, but I also looove chocolate crackles. I didn't have enough powdered sugar so these guys didn't get a proper frosting and red hots, but they're still edible.

On the YOGA front: Are you keeping up with the 25 day challenge? I hope so if you're eating gingerbread men at the rate I am!

I almost forgot on Saturday and forced myself to do a few sun salutations and much needed stretching before bed. Otherwise, I'm going strong. My motto is, if it's hard for you, do it first thing. Each morning I've been rolling out the mat for 20-45 min and getting my stretch and strength on.

Comments

Amber said…
Omg those look SO GOOD. I am going to have to try that recipe!

I am partial to sugar cookies myself :) Going to whip some up this weekend!
Gracie said…
The cowboys are cute. I'm debating weather to make gingerbread men or sugar cookies this year.
My fave are gingerbread men, sugar cookies, and kiss cookies. My aunt found some GF ones at a bakery last year that tasted just like the regular ones so I need to track those down again this year! Your cookies look great!
Ha, cowboy cookies. Very Country-Christmas of you ;)

I'm LOVING the 25-DOY challenge (that's how I write it in my journal, heh)! I've done either classes, the Dave podcast or I do forward folds and then pick one pose - tree, prayer folds, and downward dogs have all been mixed in to those quickie sessions. :)
siri said…
If anyone were to have a cowboy cookie cutter, it would be you, my dear. Super cute.

Popular Posts