Why I Love Oregon

It seems to me that everyone I've met loves the state they grew up in more than anything. The manfriend boasts about his home state of Michigan whenever he can.

Well, it's no surprise here that after 27 years of living the Willamette Valley of Oregon, I sure do love it.

So, what do I love so much about it?

* I am infatuated with the trees and the colors they show off during fall. Beautiful. I'm sure you can say the same thing about your hometown. There is truly something magical this year for me about Fall.

* I adore the mild weather we experience that allows us not to have to worry about snow, uh, ever! And a place where 90 degree temps are HOT and few and far between.

* I discovered some very important people here.

* This go go goer and ski bunny loves having the option to drive either an hour to the mountains or the ocean on a weekend.

* The people here are concerned about the kind of food they put into their body, the earth and recycling.

* Many of my high school friends (some I've known since kindergarten) still live in or near Oregon

* People get running here...

What do you LOVE about your home state or current state?

Comments

Such a fun post! The proximity of mountains AND oceans + the running extraordinaires that have come from there is truly something to marvel at... :)

My Home-state (NM): I love how unique it is. The landscape is something you won't find anywhere else, and the warm dessert sun (w/o humidity!) is ingrained in my happiness.

My current state: could go along with this...."* The people here are concerned about the kind of food they put into their body, the earth and recycling.". The attitude here is everything - the mountains, scenery and 300 days of sun (see above, ha) are great bonuses too :)
You do live in a very beautiful state!

I was not born in Minnesota, but I was born 30 minutes so I feel like I can claim it as my home state. I am proud of North Dakota, but I was so ready to get out of there, I don't have as much of a feeling of pride as I probably should...

A couple of things I love about Minnesota:

1. I love all the beautiful lakes we have.

2. I love that we have all 4 seasons (although I wish winter wasn't quite so long!)

3. I love how beautiful it is here in the fall when the leaves are changing!
Amber said…
I think a lot of the stuff you said is true of the West Coast in general because I feel the same way about B.C.! I will NEVER ever leave B.C. - I think it is SUCH a beautiful province and has so much to offer.

In Canada, we don't (at least not the people I've met) boast about our "province" as much as our hometown. I guess it's because our provinces are SO BIG, the north of B.C. (where I'm from) has a completely different lifestyle than the south (where I live now).

Popular Posts