Not so Wordy Wednesday

I've had a difficult time as of late finding time to blog daily. It's no surprise really, this life thing gets in the way once in a while. Alas, I thought I'd occasionally bring you a 'Not so Wordy Wednesday' with a photo and why I like it or something. Cool with you? Okay then...

I love this photo because Stefanie (on crutches from a stress fracture, bless her heart), Kristin and I were headed off to a girls weekend in Bend (central Oregon). Stef was so fast on those crutches we decided she could compete in races with them.

We stopped at Lava Butte on our way over to get a view of the mountains and all that lava rock. Photo taken: August 2008

______________________________
Last night was another stop at the gym for a shortish workout. Here's what I did.

30 min of weights to include super setting of 3 sets each between these workouts:
-captain's chair reverse ab curl
-45 deg back extension

-lat pull downs (70 lb, 80, 80)
-seated leg press (110 lb, 130)

-assisted pull ups (55 lb weight assisted)
-box step ups (front and side, left and right sides)

Then I moved on into the cardio room for a little treadmill action.

25 min on treadmill:
1-6 min, 4.2 mph, 3-5% incline
6-8 min, 6.8 mph, 2%
8-10 min, 4.3 mph, 6%
10-12 min, 6.7-7 mph, 2%
12-14 min, 4.4 mph, 4%
14-17 min, 6.7-7mph, 2%
17-18 min, 4.2 mph, 2%
18-21 min, 6.9 mph, 2%
21-23 min, 4.4 mph, 4%
23-25 min, 6.7-7 mph, 2%
25-27 min, 4 mph and slowing

I like the variation for both your mind and body of switching between walking and running and varying speed and incline. Then I hopped on the bike for 7 min of spinning and finally a little stretchy stretch. And then I was off to girls night for fondue, bread and wine.

Comments

Emily said…
I love the pic! And I feel for your friend. Not to toot my own horn, but I think I'm a rock star in my boot. I would love to compete in a race for the injured peeps.
Ha, Stefanie almost looks like she's being attacked from behind...

Fondue, bread and vino? You girls know how to have a night. ;)
Amber said…
Hahaha that pic is hilarious! I had crutches in middle school and must say I was pretty speedy :-)
Looks like a great workout, girl. I'm jealous! I did some pool jogging, but it doesn't feel nearly as intense as your inclines/intervals. Happy Wednesday! :)
Confession: when I was younger, I kind of wanted to break a leg so I could have crutches because I thought they were 'cool'.

I was an idiot.

You got a great work out in! I need to do more interval training on the treadmill. Might have to write down what you did it, modify it a bit, and work that into my routine!
Joslyn said…
Great pic! I love your "Ode to Oregon" photomontage too! I hope to experience that very cool state one day:)
I'm glad you guys liked the photo and the workout. When I go to the gym, my goal is to continuously mix it up because I always want to enjoy my workouts. Last night, I knew my legs weren't up for a steady 3 mile run, but I also knew they could handle some interval running mixed in with walking. And, it kept me from being bored on the treadmill.

Popular Posts