Well hello, Friday, so nice to see you!

Things are busy around these parts. I'm heading north again this weekend to hang out with these lovely ladies this weekend! Another high school group reunion. We'll be in Seattle attending a little football game...

Because many of us live on the west coast, we still get together a few times a year.

I'll be donning orange and black for Oregon State University this weekend even though they are huge rivals to University of Oregon just because I love my friends that much. Plus, OSU is playing UW, not UO! Got it? Okay then...

A few College Fun Facts for Friday:
-I grew up near OSU and went to all their athletic events as a child and then went to the rival school UO just 45 min south
-When I was applying for colleges I was determined to go to school in New York...until I realized that financially that would be QUITE the burden on my parents
-I used to want to be an OSU cheerleader. After all, what 5 yr old girl doesn't want to be?
- I really wanted to go to a small private school

What were your expectations for college? Did you end up where you though you'd be?

This morning I went on my first run since last Sunday! I've been really trying to take it easy around these parts with some light biking, swimming and a little hiking. But today I took the dog out for a 21 min jog and things went fairly well.

The calves are still pretty tight from the slight cramping they did for the last 6 miles of the marathon. And the top of my right foot is still a bit sore, but progress is being made. Okay, lots to do and not much time to do it!

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! Good luck to Heather at Dietician on the Run who is running the Rock n Roll Denver Marathon this weekend!

Comments

Fun! I hope you have a great get away w/ your friends!

I stil have not ran this week. I am planning on running on Sunday, though, and am really looking forward to it. I might leave my Garmin at home and just run as long as I feel like running. Will be weird, but also awesome! :)
Emily said…
I have so many friends who are UW fans, they would not approve of your post! Have a blast this weekend. Reunions with friends are the bomb.
Amber said…
Have fun in Seattle - I loved that city!!!

My foot is STILL hurting, so I haven't ran yet and probably won't for another week or so. Boo :(
Gracie said…
Have fun this week! We're doing a 10-mile race tomorrow. Should be fun.
Gracie-Enjoy the race! I'm sure 10 will feel nice after that marathon.

Amber-hope the foot feels better soon!
Unknown said…
I never thought I would end up at the college I did. I just ended up applying, got in and that was it.
liz said…
Hey we're both in Seattle ;)
I started college in the private school across the street from me! But after two years I realized I was not getting a good education so I transferred to WSU Vancouver, which is smallish but has much better instructors. It's a journey for sure!
THANKS Sass! Wish you were running a few miles with me ;) It's sunny here! want to join?? heh

Have a good weekend!!!

Popular Posts