Five Things Friday

Good morning!

I don't know about you, but I absolutely loooove a holiday weekend. And yes, I consider Halloween a serious holiday. The specialness of it all just makes me giddy inside.

Last year's Halloween cupcakes I took to work. This year I'm taking a batch of those brownies!

The sickness is still parking it's silly little self inside my nose and head. In the attempt to get better before tomorrow, I must stay inside for exercise purposes. Back to the gym? We'll see...

There may be an 8 mile lake run tomorrow morning that I'd like to join my running group on. Who cares that I've run no more than 4 miles at one time in the past two weeks. And then of course there are two Halloween parties to attend.

Okay, so on to this Five things Friday...

1. I woke up at 5 am (not normal for this 6:45 am riser) and figured it meant I needed to do a Five things Friday post.

2. Sometimes I turn on my favorite tunes and improv dance around the room as if I were a trained dancer. I'm sure it would look ridiculous to outsiders, but it's kind of like singing in your car...you think you're pretty much a rock star.

3. I have dreams of being a Martha Stewart type decorator, but in truth decorating totally freaks me out. The manfriend has done all of the decorating in this house.

4. The holiday crunch is already creeping into my veins. I need to get my list making, present buying and out for the mail eaaarly because we'll be heading back to the midwest for Christmas. No sense worrying about gifts being smashed or stolen from the suitcase.

5. I meant to wear pink and a cute little pink ribbon several days this month and now it's the last day of breast cancer awareness. Perhaps I should finally find something pink in my closet. The only problem is that I should be wearing green and yellow. My Ducks are heading down to LA to play USC. ESPN GameDay will be there for the big game.

Good luck to all the marathoners out there! In addition to the Marine Corps Marathon, there are several other smaller marathons that bloggers out there are running. Sending my positive vibes your way.

I just commented on Caitlin's blog saying that she should mentally break the race down into chunks, focusing on certain things (fun and easy, keeping steady, powering through) every 5 or so miles. After writing it out it sounds so good I want to try it for myself during a marathon.

My attitude for Portland definitely wasn't all chipper because I felt a little defeated by my last minute hammy issue. Oh well, there's always next time!

How will you be celebrating (or not) Halloween? Are you dressing up? What are you Five things Friday (link to your post or leave it in the comments)? I'll post a pic or two of our costumes next week.

Comments

liz said…
Hope you get better before all the parties!!! I'm posting my costume today because last night was my school's party.I can't wait to see everyone's looks!
Amber said…
Hope you feel better asap!

Those cupcakes look YUMMY!

We are going to a small party at my college girlfriends house! Should be fun :)
I think that was a great suggestion to break the race down into chunks like that. For me, it really helped to write a person's name next to each mile - it gave me somethign fun/enjoyable to focus on. And I started and ended the marathon w/ the Barrister's name, so when I was in that 20-24 mile stretch, I kept telling myself - just get to that last mile and you get to think about him the entire mile. :) It was a good motivator!

Here are my 5 things:
1. I am so cold today, I can not get warm no matter what. I hate how easily I get cold at work!
2. I was feeling down about the fact that it was 35 degrees yesterday. Then my sister told me it was 90 in Tucson and I thought - yah, 35 isn't so bad. I would hate for it to be 90 now!
3. I am kind of a Halloween party pooper. I just don't get into the holiday. I think if I lived in a house where I got trick-or-treaters, I'd feel differently.
4. I'm starting to feel the holiday stress approaching as well... I feel like I will blink my eyes and it will be Christmas! Time needs to slow the heck down.
5. I went to bed at 7:30 on Wed night because I was THAT tired. I need to do that more often.

Happy Friday to you & the man friend!!
Love the 5 things Friday post.

I agree that Halloween is so much fun. We will be taking my little M trick or treating for the first time.

PS - Hope the Ducks win!!! I don't care for USC at all.
Gracie said…
Get well and enjoy that lake run - sounds great!
"you think you're pretty much a rock star." - and you ARE. Obviously.

I broke down my first marathon (10/10/6.2) but this last one was more mile by mile, as it seemed to go by so quickly and I just wanted to start easy and end strong. That approach worked better for me - or maybe I was just (MUCH) better trained? ;) Who knows. To each their own!

Popular Posts