Back in the game!

Er, sort of.

After a long day at work (where was my nap?), I headed straight for the gym for a little focused workout. My goal was to spend 45 minutes there. I have to put time limits on myself at the gym or I'm tempted to stay for 2 hrs. And when I'm sick, I know that's just what I don't need.

Tonight's Mini Workout

1. Weights (10 min)

Supersets (alternating back and forth btwn two machines, 3 sets each) of:

-hamstring curl (50-55lbs), 12-15 reps
-seated row (70lbs), 12-15 reps

and

-45 deg back extension, 15 reps
-captain's chair reverse ab curl w/ legs straight and oblique twists, 30 reps

2. Spinning (10 min)

3. Treadmill (26 min)

1-10 min, 4 mph, 4-8% incline
11-16, 6.5-7.2 mph, 2% (increased speed every 30 sec or so)
16-18, 4.3 mph, 8.5%
18-23, 6.5 - 7.5 mph, 2.5% (increased speed every 30 sec)
23-24, 7 mph, 2.5%
24-26, 4.5-3.8 mph, 1% (cool down)

4. Stretching! (5 min)

I consider this a win. I got a short, but sweet overall body weight/core session in, easy cardio and a little running (10 min or so) and then some much needed stretching. I was in and out of the gym in less than an hour and didn't overdo it. My stomach was eating itself on the way home.

Do you have a favorite workout when you're crunched for time? I like to switch it up but mine usually combine a little cardio with a little weights. Sometimes it's a yoga podcast. And other times a quick 2 miles around the neighborhood!

We just downgraded our cable after having all the premium channels from July when we needed the Tour de France. Too bad, so sad - no more TLC, E! or ESPN. But, we still have Grey's Anatomy and a few other basics so we'll survive.

Comments

I am glad you were able to get back to the gym! I sort of lack focus when I am at the gym... Which is why I try to do this Bodypump class 1-2 x's/week because it's an hour of strength training so it keeps me on task. Otherwise, I usually run for maybe 4-5 miles and sometimes do a little biking in addition? I am kind of ADD when i get to the gym, though...

Hope you continue to feel well!
I've heard great things about Body Pump from Tina of Carrots and Cake and Food, Fitness and Fashion. I would love to try it sometime!
Anonymous said…
Hey, as long as you have Grey, it will be ok!
Probably no surprise, but my go-to 'quick' workout is just an easy run! Maybe some tempo miles/minutes thrown in for extra work :)

Glad you're feeling better! You won't miss the TV too much - we don't have those channels either (and only discovered we DO have free basic cable a few days ago), and at least the Ducks game was on one of those choices last night! ;)

Popular Posts