The new specs!

Remember when I needed your opinion? Everyone gave great advice, by the way. Well finally, I chose the pair I liked best, had my eye exam and ordered them.

I'm trying to get used to the new look, having really dark frames now. I even wore them to work today, which is a big step for me because I don't like how I look in glasses generally and it can have this dizzying effect when the tops and bottoms of your view are blurry. That doesn't happen with contacts because everything is clear no matter what.

Alas, I chose pair A! Pair B was cute and had a little of the cat eye funky flair to it, but ultimately, we decided those were a bit too narrow for my face. I have a big face and noggin'...I'm about a 7 1/2 if we're talking hat sizes.

It's definitely going to take some time to get used to them. Not sure if I'll wear them regularly, but it is fun to change it up once in a while. Because of how much I'm running, doing yoga or jumping around at Lifeforce Fitness, contacts will still be my vision staple.

I always think glasses/contacts sort of define you as a person. People get to know you as the person who does or does not wear glasses. I felt the same way with long hair. It was so hard to go short because I'd always seen myself as a long haired girl. Weird how that works.

Are you a glasses/contacts/short hair/long hair kind of person? Now I can see myself both as short and long hair and like both. But I'm still not convinced on being a glasses person just yet.

Anywho, that's all I've got today. We have a SPEED workout on deck tonight with the running group. Tonight's workout is a version of the infamous "Michigan" workout alternating 5 min tempo with hard intervals of anywhere from 400-1200m. We'll see how I survive!

Comments

Amber said…
I LOVE THEM! That is such a GREAT picture of you!!!!!

I rarely wear my glasses for a lot of the same reasons - jumping around to different workouts at different times of the day. I do try to wear my glasses around the house because it gives my eyes a break from the contacts!
Run Jess Run said…
I'm typically a contact wearer, but I switch it up every now and then.

I usually grow my hair out and then get frustrated with it and then hack it off. I do this every time. I'm actually in the process of growing my hair back out to my wedding length.
I love them! They really suit you, and you look beautiful in that pic!

I am a contact person... but I got new glasses last winter and wore them to work on a rest day last month and got tons of compliments. So I will prob start wearing them on my rest days more often! (I'm w/ you having to wear contacts on days when i work out).

I don't feel like I have a hair identity. My hair length has been all over the place the last couple of years. For the longest time I was a short hair person but now I think I am morphing into a long hair person!
Gracie said…
You look fantastic! I agree with you. I am a contacts person, and people literally walk right by me without recognition if I wear glasses. And when I cut my hair this spring I still felt like I had long hair and sort of assumed people knew I was really a long-haired type, even if they just met me. Weird how that works!
THEY LOOK GREAT!

When I had short hair and glasses...my husband called it the naughty librarian look. Hee, hee. Anyway, I have not been wearing my glasses because they irritate the bridge of my nose. It is nice when I can really see, but such a nuisance. My hair is now long because I hated to get it cut every 4 weeks, especially when I was ready for a cut at week 3. Long hair is so much easier when you run...
Danielle said…
LP! I really love the look!. I just recently found a new pair of glasses and find myself wearing them more and more. I think what I enjoy is having them also feel like an accessory. I can play with make up a little differently and have a little more fun. If I'm feeling studious and want people to take me more seriously, then I wear the glasses. I even had a funny compliment from Jerry, of all people! I think if you make an effort to wear them and think of them as an accessory, you'll feel more comfortable. Plus it's super easy to throw contact lenses and a bottle of solution in your purse in order to work out.
Sava said…
I sometimes wish that I wore glasses, just because I think they look adorable.
And it just so happens, that if I DID wear glasses, I would pick ones that were just like yours. Square-ish and black :)

I wore my hair VERY long up until high school and then chopped most of it off and kept it short since then. I like the look of soft, long, flowing hair but I love the ease of short hair! It's so much more manageable. :)
I LOVE those glasses. You definitely pull off glasses well- no matter how cute frames are, I can never, ever pull them off.

I love the look of short hair, but I'm too lazy to "do" it everyday, so long usually wins ;)
Anonymous said…
You look totally hot. Just sayin'.
Erin said it first, but yowza. Love the new specs ;)

I'm not a glasses Or contacts person, yet. The day will come, I'm sure...
Unknown said…
I like the new specs. I have reading glasses and driving glasses, but in general I don't wear glasses or contacts. I'm a long hair person, I've pretty much ranged from shoulder length to longer.
I seriously, seriously love those! They've got the look of the chunky frames, but are tall enough so you don't feel like you have to squint through a tiny little lens to see. Great choice!

Popular Posts