Just Peachy Keen!

Morning! Before we get to the peaches, I just wanted to share with you my Friday fall breakfast. I've been getting more used to the overnight oats around these parts. But this morning, I wanted hot oats!

In my oats expirimentation, I've been using a variety of ingredients. Today's color came from the coffee I drizzled into it and a few scoops of pumpkin. I also threw in: 3/4 banana, chia seeds, sprinkle of shredded coconut, cranberries, almonds and frozen raspberries. It might sound like a little overload of conflicting flavors, but it was actually pretty darn good!

What's your favorite combo of mix ins? I highly recommend experimentation.

In other news, I love when Real Simple arrives in the mail box. The cover always makes me smile.

I also get: Runner's World, Glamour and Women's Health so it can be hard to keep up on all that reading, but I do love my mags!

Now on to the PEACHES!

A few weeks ago I had the urge to really bake something. Luckily, we had a Labor Day bbq to attend. Using Jenna's method of baking and taking to share, this not so healthy (but delicious) recipe was the perfect thing for the occasion. I selected Guy Fieri's Cin-ful Peach Cobbler recipe. Love foodnetwork.com for their recipe assistance!

Chop up 4-6 large peaches, depending on what you have. If you don't already have fresh peaches just waiting to be eaten, run off to your local farm and buy some! These were bounty from one of our several trips to Thistledown Farm in Junction City, OR.

Dig out your flour, a lemon and the measuring utensils.

Be sure to have a trusty pal nearby surveying the scene in order to test the peaches ripeness when they fall to the ground.

Mix together the filling, including sugars, cinnamon and flour. Add peaches and stir a bit more.

Add the juice of 1 lemon and cornstarch (or more flour in my case...no cornstarch on hand)

Stir again and pour into baking dish. If you had ramekins, it might be cool to do individual cobblers instead. Alas, I have no ramekins and this dish was being taken to a bbq.

Now mix together the crumbley top...more sugar, flour, oats, almonds, cranberries, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt!

Dump half the mixture on top, bake for 30 min at 350.

Then add the other half of the mixture and bake for another 30-45 until bubbling. Be sure to have some vanilla ice cream on hand to plop on top of your serving of peachy goodness.

Eat and be happy.

The End.

Happy FRIDAY! What are you doing with your weekend? I've got a little 20 miler run on deck, a bike to breakfast, hanging out with my youth mentee and maybe visiting the parents!

P.S. Need more peach in your life? Check out this Peach Crunch Cake I made a few years back that was a hit at a friend's birthday party and easy as pie er, cake to make!

Comments

Gracie said…
Peach season is the best. I got some for 69 cents a pound a few weeks ago! Needless to say we ate a lot of peaches for a few days. I also made a pretty good cobbler. Yours looks delicious, like a cobbler-crisp mix.
Oh wow - I love cobblers! Yummers! That looks amazing!!

I am sort of purist when it comes to my oatmeal. I just like a little brown sugar! But yours looks just delish, so mabye I need to be a bit more adventurous and add more to mine!

Good luck on your 20 miler! I predict that you will ROCK IT! I am doign 16-18 on Sunday. Probably 18, but we'll see.
Amber said…
Wow, that is a lot of different flavours in your oatmeal :-) I have a few different oatmeal combos that I like, maybe I'll have to try combining them all into one!

I made a peach crisp/cobbler recipe for my birthday last week! It was my "birthday cake" made from fresh, Farmers Market peaches! SO GOOD!!! I'm glad I had a bunch of friends help me eat it :-)
Oatmeal experimentation can go in so many different directions - I have no doubt those flavors mixed well ;)

I'm sad that peach season is almost over!! Fresh, local, juicy peaches just cannot be beat. Nor can recipes like that!
Kevin said…
The Peach Crunch Cake looks awesome. I love Peach Crunch Cake.

Kevin
http://halftriing.blogspot.com/

Popular Posts