Getting over the hump

Hump day that is...Wednesday. Halfway to the weekend!

"The most important day in any running program is rest. Rest days give your muscles time to recover so you can run again. Your muscles build in strength as you rest."

Hal Higdon

And that my friends is something I needed to read in my inbox. REST is important in life and training. It's what allows us to be stronger and ready to tackle the next obstacle or mile that comes at us.

And because I enjoyed Lisa's Looking Forward post today, here's what I'm looking forward to...

Today: Cross training in the form of Lifeforce Fitness/boot camp rather than a run

This week: Riding the bikes out to breakfast this weekend

This month: The TAPER!

This year: More importantly than the taper, I'm excited to have the marathon completed so I can resume a more balanced life in both exercise and in general.

I'm looking forward to my "cross training" days being consumed with elaborate fall recipes. And I'm excited about doing more swimming, yoga, hiking and running for fun, not because I HAVE TO. Oh and creativity. I want to let myself be more crafty now and then because I definitely have the skills for it. It's all about making the time.

What is one thing you'd love to make extra time for this year?

Comments

Sava said…
I would love to make extra time for cooking!

I worry that when I start classes in a week and a half I won't have time to make good food for myself (and family) anymore!

And yes, rest is good :)
I would love to have extra "me" time. I get a bit of time before I go to bed to journal and read, but I need just a bit more me time than that.
Sewing, knitting, reading, cooking...
I am glad you did a looking forward post! I love doing them as they force me to focus on the positive & fun things ahead of me!

I am also looking forward to the marathon being behind me. I have trained hard and I have enjoyed the training, but I am ready to have my life back, I guess you could say. I want to diversify my exercise routine way more than I am able to right now. I am in great shape, but I could be in better shape if I incorporated more strength training and x-training.
Extra time for Fall recipes - mmhm! I'm with you - looking forward to a more balanced life, having room for more cross training Fun (cough, finally starting to ride the bike again. ehhh) ;)

Popular Posts