Can't you just hear the whir?

Look who is now the proud new owner of a food processor...finally! The manfriend convinced me (twist my arm, why don't ya) Sunday morning after seeing a pesto recipe on msn.com that we needed one. Done and done.







The recipe we used was:
2 cups fresh basil
1/3 cup parmesean
3 Tbsp walnuts (or pinenuts)
1 clove garlic
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/8 tsp salt

It was good, but not perfect. I'm looking forward to adding other fun things like red peppers, sun dried tomatoes, etc to spice up the pesto.

Other things I'm looking forward to making are: nut butters w/ honey, cinnamon, etc add ins, hummus and banana soft serve. What is your favorite thing to make with a food processor? Have a fantastic recipe for me to try? Bring it on!

Comments

Run Jess Run said…
I have that exact same food processor in white.
I like making hummus in mine! And salsa! You will love having a food processor!!
Amber said…
Ahhh lucky! I want a food processor SO BAD. I want to make pesto and banana soft serve!
Congrats! :) Now that I have a food processor, I don't know how I lived without it. I'm obsessed with making pesto and put just about everything in my FP :)

Sues
Berries, a few heaping tablespoons of sugar, and smidge of lemon juice....berry coulis. Yum. Not as if berries need any help...but still. Yum.
Anonymous said…
My food processor is one of my favorite and most used kitchen devices. I don't know what I did without it! My husband is a pesto junkie, so I make it all the time. That and hummus are the two things I make most often.
Whoop!! So excited for you :) It was like an early Christmas when I finally bought mine - they're too fun. Banana softserve is a MUST!

Popular Posts