Good eats on the fly

Summer's been oh so good to me, but it's also felt like the entire time I'm juggling three yellow balls and one keeps flying off and I have to chase it down. There's never enough time to be caught up (or juggle mindlessly), or read a book, or take a nap, or bake a damn cake, cobbler, pie, etc. There have been a few good eats however that have gone undocumented on the blog. So here we go...

Delish pizza that was a little light on the cheese (oops, forgot to pick up mozarella at the store!)

Jamaican Icebox cookies that went from this...

To this. No matter how imperfect, the coconut and lime (ok, and butter) flavors made for a delish summer treat!

And how can I forget the french toast made with Great Harvest cinnamon chip bread?

Yum...

Spicy chicken to which I added kidney beans and then put on top of a bed of spinach for me and brown rice for him.

Topped with salsa, avocado, a little greek yogurt and sharp cheddar cheese, it was a belly pleasing meal!

And guess who just picked up the following ingredients: organic strawberries, Bisquick and whipping cream? Now you tell me what's cookin'!

Elaborate recipes definitely seem to be the first thing to go from my life when things get busy. I'm aching for some serious hours in the kitchen so maybe in a few months when this whole summer thing comes to an end, I might find a few hours. For now, my goal is simply to make it to a blueberry farm and another local produce farm before summer's end. Where does the time go?!

Comments

abbi said…
Those cookies look right up my alley...thanks for linking to the recipe! I'm right there with you on cooking/baking being an area where I slack off when things get busy!
Yum.... everything you posted looks delightful. My summer cooking has been, um, non-existent... Thank God for weekends at my parents cabin... My mom always cooks up a storm up there and usually makes GF pancakes for me when I am there, which is a wonderful thing.

Other than that, I have been sort of living on the boringest of boring meals. Like baked potatoes. And microwave Amy's GF mac & cheese (hangs head in shame). I swear when September rolls around, I am going to turn over a new culinary leaf. It is just so g.d. hot in my condo (even w/ the wall unit a/c running), my energy is zapped and I can not seem to find the motivation to make anything...

BUT - that said... I am making a chicken pasta dish w/ a white wine/mushroom sauce tonight... So that should count for something I guess!! Hopefully it turns out! I'm cooking for a boy... so it better turn out! ;)
Lisa-Cooking for a BOY?! We need to hear more!
Amber said…
Yum, that pizza looks amazing! I need to start cooking more now that Eric's back. Before I was relying way too often on takeout and microwaved baked potatoes! Ha!
Run Jess Run said…
I'm going to whip up some blueberry muffins tomorrow as long as it isn't like Hades here!

Popular Posts