Fun Fact Friiiiday

Whoop Whoop, we made it to the end of the week again, friends!

1. I was born 5 lbs 7 oz and had to wear premie diapers. My mom had to leave me at the hospital for a week or so bc I had jaundice so I had to lay under the heat lamps.

2. My middle name is Joy. My high school friends used to say "happy happy joy joy" or joke how I was so joyful all the time. Let's just say I had a tendancy to be a little biotchy back then or I'd like to think snarky. Basically, I just said what I was thinking.

3. I wanted to be a gymnast or ice skater when I was in grade school. As I got older, I was positive I wanted to wear a suit and heels to work, but didn't care what job I had.

4. I was a band nerd and I don't regret it. I played flute and saxaphone from middle school through the end of high school. It brought me some of the best friends in the world.

5. In hs, I played sport after sport. Volleyball, ski team, track and spring soccer. I was a busy girl. Homework was not my highest priority.

What did you want to be when you were growing up? And what do you do now (for work or fun)?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Iceskater, Gymnast and Singer were all at the top of my list! Clearly that didn't last long ;)
Amber said…
Veterinarian or Marine Biologist. Too bad I SUCK at science!
Well, I was 10 pounds when I was born so I was darn near twice your size! ;) I also wanted to be a gymnast but I never got to take gymnastics since we lived in a one horse town that didn't offer that as an activity...

But for reals, I wanted to be a lawyer when I grew up... Mostly because I thought all lawyers did was argue. And I was always a little bit on the 'snarky' side so I thought that would be a good fit...

But then I researched law school & the life of a lawyer and realized it maybe wasn't the best fit for me... So now I am still trying to figure out what I want to be when I 'grow up'. For now, I am underwriter mortgages for one of the largest banks in the country... It's not my dream job, but it's definitely way better than what i was doing earlier this year (which I thought woudl be my dream job). Life is full of surprises, I guess.
Siri said…
In grade school a writer. In high school a landscape architect. Always a mother. I guess only the last one been achieved...thus far.

I can't believe you were only a 5 pounder. After Lasse was born weighing over 10 lbs, I find any baby less than that scrawny!
Run Jess Run said…
Yay Band Geek!! I think we all wanted to be gymnasts and skaters...I'd like to personally thank Michelle Kwan and Kerri Strug for that.
Anonymous said…
Just wanted to say Hey there, first time to your blog and I LOVE the name! Also, love that you're in Portland. I was born and bred there and though I'm currently living further afield I do miss it like crazy (because it is truly the most wonderful place in the world :)).
Also: heck yes I rocked the flute in band too. Marching band = some of the best memories from high school! Band nerds unite.
Amanda said…
gymnasts, ice skaters, and band nerds - pretty much described my childhood :)

I wanted to be a teacher and now I'm in my last year of law school. Not a big change since I wanted to teach government and history and my main practice area will be political law!

Popular Posts