Fun Fact Friday

1. Yesterday was the first time I've woke up early to do a serious run in maybe a year or more? Seriously, I need my sleep and this girl rarely sees the 5 o'clock hour. But, I had an all day work meeting in Portland and a baby shower in the evening so there was no way around it. I popped out of bed at 5:45am, put on the running clothes and busted out six or so miles w/ three of it at tempo pace.

2. Seeing a cute baby bump kind of makes me want to have one. It's not happening any time soon, but cute baby bumps are just the best. Knowing my luck, I'll have cankles and a wide arse when I'm preggers. Okay, moving on...

3. I powered through a pretty full week and for once it didn't feel that busy. I like when that happens.

4. I've been seeing far to much of the I-5 freeway lately. I've had enough of this driving thing. And I'm headed back up the freeway tonight for the wedding festivities. Speaking of weddings, I love them. It's so fun to see how each couple bride does things, what they spend money on and what they leave out, the flowers, the complementing colors, the vows, the ceremony (which will be lead by my grandfather) and the reception!

5. My long run will be done amidst the wedding weekend in Portland. The Saturday morning long run bodes more preferably to a Sunday afternoon, post wedding night of fun run. The good thing is, I'll be running with my good friend Jess for a majority of it. She is also training for the Portland Marathon!

What's your fun thing on the docket this weekend? And what's your not so fun thing you must accomplish?

Comments

Amber said…
I do almost ALL my running in the early morning! Haha! Good for you for getting your run out of the way though.

I LOVE weddings too! And cute baby bumps!!! Is it weird that I'm more excited about BEING pregnant than actually having a baby!? (One day. Far, far in the future)
I love seeing cute baby bumps, too! So many of my friends are pregnant, so baby bumps are every where in my life these days! I bet you will be adorable when you are pregnant. :)

Let's see, run thing I have planned this weekend is taking my nephew out for a Lisa/Andrew date. We'll go to lunch & then will hit up a bookstore most likley.

not so fun thing? Well, I switched around my training weeks so I will have a lighter run next weekend at the cabin (11 miles) and will do 17 this weekend. I am not super excited about it because it is supposed to be ridiculous HOT and HUMID this weekend, and there will likley be t-storms on Sunday morning. SO I am just a little bit nervous about the conditions but I will play it by ear, I guess!

Have a blast at the wedding! I love weddings for all the same reasons!
Run Jess Run said…
2 words--Band. Camp. I went into school today totally planning to get everything done, but didn't. It starts Monday.

Fun things--my cousin & her family are coming to visit. I also think I'll finally get in some beach time (something I haven't done all summer).
Jess-Haha...Band.Camp. I went to band camp for 2 yrs in middle school. Some of the best memories ever. Good luck getting everything wrapped up for that!

Lisa-I'm with you on swapping your LR schedule when things come up on specific weekends. Smart planning. I know you will survive!
Raquelita said…
I prefer to run in the early morning.

My sister-in-law has a cute baby bump and so does my best friend, but I'm quite sure that I would just get varicose veins and an even wider ass.

Popular Posts