Saturday in the Sun

There may be no other perfect way to spend a Saturday morning than surrounded by great friends, sunshine and fresh, locally grown produce, baked goods, flowers, coffee, honey, you name it!

We met up for breakfast and perusing the Portland Farmer's Market. I loved that it was so much bigger than my local market. In just a few short hours, I managed to purchase: 1 slice pumpkin bread (for breakfast), 1 iced coffee from Velo Cafe, 1 gingersnap cookie (for munching throughout the day), 1 pint of cherries and 1 jar of mango pepper jelly (to put over cream cheese and dip with wheat thins at some future date). It was definitely a successful day at the market.

There were so many beautiful flowers...

and a variety of produce (I've never even seen a kohlrabi!)

and lots of drip coffee!



Then we headed off to the Portland Rose Gardens for frolicking and photo shoots!







After the rose garden, we were pretty much hangry so it was time for lunch. Frolicking in the sun isn't easy!

Marathon Training Update: Sunday's long run consisted of one sweaty 13.5 mi run. I brought my water bottle (filled halfway with Gatorade) and a gu. The first three miles were painful, then I got into my groove and even ran up and down a big hill (twice) that I was sure I'd have to walk.

I planned an out and back so I wouldn't be able to give up midway through the run. And I even treated myself to a few miles of running through a beautiful old orchard! The final few miles ticked slowly away and my pace was all over the map. But all in all, I completed it and that's what counts. I followed the run by a big chocolate milk, a banana and 25 min of yoga for runners.

Comments

Well done on the long run. Good idea to drink chocolate milk afterwards. I think Amber does that, too. I didn't eat when I got back from mine and got busy so over an hour went by before I ate - and then I was famished all day long. I felt like no matter what, I just never felt full!

The farmer's market looks awesome!
Amber said…
That farmers market is awesome - way bigger and better than mine!

I DO drink chocolate milk after long runs! Isn't it just SO refreshing?? Love it :)
Lele said…
I just started a new job and now have to work Saturdays and miss my favorite farmer's market :( It's heartbreaking.

I grew up in Spokane and your beautiful garden pictures are making me miss the Pacific Northwest!
Gracie said…
I can't wait to hit my market this Thursday!

Popular Posts