Dinner in 10 min flat!

Thanks to this handy little Food Network video and Giada, I was off and running with my first ever veggie/salmon frittata in ten minutes flat! Do you hear that? Dinner in TEN minutes. I know.

Step 1: Whip up six eggs w/ a little milk, salt and peppa
Step 2: Dice veggies
Step 3: Heat pan, add butter and olive oil
Step 4: Add veggies (i used peppers, spinach and onions)
Step 5: Cook for 2-3 min, add smoked salmon (i had some to use up)
Step 6: Dump in the egg mixture and let cook 1-2 min
Step 7: Add your choice of cheese (I used pepperjack)
Step 8: Put into oven for 5-10 min on broil
Step 9: Try not to burn yourself as you pull out the pan. Yes, I'm guilty as charged.





So there you go, dinner in 10 min flat. What's also great about this dish is that you can really throw whatever you have in your fridge as far as veggies, cheese, etc goes! What's one of your fav. go-to healthy, easy meals to make?

P.S. I'm off taking Thurs and Fri off to help a friend who does event production at the String Cheese Incident concert near Portland. Should be a few tiring days of who knows what! Catch ya on Monday!

Comments

abbi said…
Yum! This looks good. I haven't made anything like this lately but need too. Oh...and burning yourself as you pull out the pan, very guilty of that as well as forgetting that the pan was just in the oven when I grab the handle again too!
That looks so good. I have been eating eggs like they are going out of style! I'll have to work that dish into my rotation. Mmm...

My favorite quick meals are not all that great... My favorite quick meal is a baked potato. Talk about boring. But it's a total comfort food for me, and its' easy since I just microwave the potato. Boring yes, but filling!

Have fun helping out!
Run Jess Run said…
That looks really good! Although I would need to purchase a cast-iron skillet to execute this recipe! To Bed Bath & Beyond!!

Popular Posts