The Power of Orange

I've been popping these like it's my job.

And drinking my favorite
fizzy orange drink. Oh wait, two of my favorite fizzy orange drinks. Mystic Mango Kombucha and tangerine Emergen-C come highly recommended by yours truly. And of course chugging plain old water.

I've even managed to hold back on the whole running thing during this taper because my body told me to. I ran 1.25 mi yesterday morning, along with about 50 min of walking. And today, I did a whole 1.5 mile run. Maybe I'll go crazy and do another mile this afternoon!

While the body (head and chest) isn't feeling so strong this week, I've not backed down from DOTR's strength challenge. I'm still doing my daily push ups, a bit of yoga and a little dumb bell work here and there. After this half marathon, it's time to get back in the gym to pump iron 2-3X per week + get my marathon training plan underway!

I recently stumbled upon an old post that I simply enjoyed and thought you might too.

I'm trying not to stress about the race. I'm taking tomorrow off work. I'm going to sleep a lot and continue to fuel the body for optimum recovery. I don't know why this happens when I need to be at my healthiest, but you just have to roll with the punches.

Then again, maybe all I need is a pint and a few slices of pizza to get rid of this junk. It's kind of like the lady who smokes a pack a day and lives to be 102. Go figure.

In other news, I just signed up for this 75 mile bike ride, a fundraiser for a local Boys and Girls Club. I did this because I needed more events to train for (ha) and I wanted to support a good cause. It's going to be a leisurely, but fun ride. I'm looking forward to it!

image source

Comments

Anonymous said…
Go, you!! It's impressive to get some ST in every day, I applaud you :) Just because tomorrow "ends" the 30 days, doesn't mean we're done, right? Heh, I'm back on! Lets hope...

anyway, hope you're feeling better soon! those Halls Vit C things are delicious. My fave is definitely the grapefruit!
Gracie said…
Tangerine Emergen-C is the best! I discovered it....over 12 years ago. But back then nobody drank Emergen-C and everyone thought I was a hippie health nut, haha. Now everyone takes it. I heard a 5 year old ask his mom to buy Emergen-C yesterday in teh drug store! But doesn't it taste so good?!
Feel better soon and have a great race!
Good luck tomorrow! I am sure you'll do great.

I hear you on the whole 102 yr old smoker thing. My sister & I were just talking about how we eat super healthy and rarely drink, but we have the most messed up stomachs out of everyone in our family. Just doesn't seem 'fair'.
I hope you feel better and good luck!!! It's so annoying when you feel like you're doing everything right and you still get sick.

Sues

Popular Posts