Because everyone needs pizza and beer

I got home around 6pm after going to the grocery store and taking my car through the car wash. I was STARVING and manfriend was headed off to a friends' to do some bike maintenance BEFORE we go to dinner.

Let's be honest, when I am hungry, I'm not so pleasant. So, I decided to whip up something semi healthy and not too filling so I could also grab a salad or appetizer when we do go out to eat.

Thanks to Heather's suggestion of tortilla pizza, I was fixated on making exactly that. Luckily, I had all the ingredients...herb tortilla, marinara, spinach, red onion, cherry tomatoes, red pepper, string cheese stick, mushroom, cracked pepper and red pepper flakes. Cooked on broil for about 10 min.


I folded it in half like a quesadilla and munched away. Meanwhile, I'm also enjoying a Deschutes Twilight Summer Ale, brewed just a few hrs away in Bend, OR. Mmm...this is a current fav.

PS- Our speed coach, Lauren Fleshman just won the women's 5k at USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships in Des Moines, Iowa! She made a gutsy move with just 600m to go and held it. Awesome race. And kind of weird to see people you know on ESPN.

What's everyone up to this weekend?

Comments

Gracie said…
Brilliant snack and I'm just like you - if my blood sugar is low, I'm mean to everyone, lol!
Amber said…
I cannot handle being hungry either!! That looks yummy. I've been meaning to make it for awhile now!
Wow - that is really cool that you train with such an elite athlete. Do you have to pay to train with this group? That is just too cool!

That looks delish. I bet it would be good on a corn tortilla. I just need to find bigger ones, which are sort of harder to come by - but I know they are out there!

I got a mix to make gf pizza, but I am a bit wary of using it... It says that after mixing it, I pour it onto the pizza pan and it will be of a 'cake like consisteny'. Then I bake it and add the toppings... I Just am a bit skeptical about the crust tasting good when it starts out being 'cake like batter'??? Guess I will have to try & find out!
Anonymous said…
That does look rather tasty xx
Anonymous said…
A pizza success! :) glad I could help you out, heh - yours looks just as tasty! (herb tortilla? Nom)

Can't wait to hear about your bike ride!!
Run Jess Run said…
I've noticed in my trip out to OR that you guys have some spectacular beer here!!

Popular Posts