Never enough limes...

Instead of boring you with one of those posts about how a few of us left the party with tears rolling down our faces, or how we couldn't really say anything other than "bye," I'll tell you about key lime pie. That's waaaay more exciting, right?!

For starters, it has one of the easiest ingredient lists...

Graham cracker crust (buy one or make it w/ graham crackers, butter and sugar)
5 egg yolks
2 cans sweetened condensed milk
1 cup lime juice
zest of half a lime

First you bake the pie crust for 8 min at 375 and then let cool. Next, make the filling and pour it into the crust. Bake for 8 minutes. Let it cool and put it in the fridge or freezer until 15 min prior to serving. Whipped cream is optional.

It takes a lot of eggs...


Beware: it also takes A LOT of limes to get 1 cup of lime juice. I didn't have enough juice with 6 limes and it didn't come out quite limey enough for my tastebuds.


But the best thing by far, is how cute it looks when you slice little pieces of lime on top.




And finally, one of my favorite photos from Kristin's going away party. Yes, I decided it was necessary to make her a tube top made out of streamers.

On the workout front, I fit in an early 4 miler today, which was fast and hard on the legs. After work, I busted out 25 minutes on the Precor (elliptical w/ arms type machine), a tough 30 min lifting session and I even made time for stretching. It does a body good, I tell ya. I'm reminded that every time I actually listen to my body and make myself stretch for 5+ min. How often do you REALLY stretch? Regularly, once a week, only during yoga, never??

Well, today is my Thursday (full day of work tomorrow) so I'll be up early for a little workout. I might even go easy on myself and do JUST yoga. Gasp! Have a great weekend y'all!

Comments

siri said…
Two things:

1- i want a slice of that pie, stat.

2- you are such a hard working, worker-outer. that's a word, right? i'm officially a very dedicated walker these days. it's resistance training when you push a baby stroller, right? but running in the morning, then another work out in the afternoon? ah, not so much for this girl.
Gracie said…
Oh, that made me want key lime pie!!!
siri said…
Also, this made me think of you: http://butchersblockblog.blogspot.com/2010/05/key-lime-cupcakes.html
I am so-so about stretching. I have gotten better since my knee injury, though. I use the foam roller after every run now and that seems to really help.

That Key Lime Pie looks good. Def a great summer dessert since it's so refreshing! Yum!
Anonymous said…
I go through phases with stretching - right now happens to be a "i often forget/half-$$ that step" phase. :) I try to be much better about it during training, LRs, and after bike rides though (my legs are So tight after rides! you??).

That pie looks delicious and Very cute with the extra lime slices :) Sad to lose a good friend, but I"m glad you guys had a fun fiesta!

Popular Posts