Lounging Deserved. Shoes Optional.


Here I am surfing online from my bed because it just seemed perfect. After a 10 mile run, enjoying caffeinated beverages in the sun with a few runners, a Trader Joe's stop and finally a good four hours of yard work with the parents, I'm done. Showering feels so much better when you've really gotten yourself dirty. On the up side, the front and back yards look so much better.

I included the computer in there because I'm also browsing for dresses. After all, it is almost summer and I have two weddings to attend. And today's summer like temps (for Oregon anyway) of 70 deg really got me in a chipper mood. Anyone else obsessively browse JCrew, Anthropologie, LOFT or Modcloth to find the perfect dress? Yeah, I'm probably the only one...

Shortly after my lounging and browsing, manfriend woke up from his cat nap, showered and was ready for food. Weekends are often our dining out nights because we both pack so much into them we simply need. food. now. So we headed off to a local burger/brew joint where we each selected personal pizzas and beer. Yum. The tummy is now content.
The hawaiian for her...
And the house special for him...

All in all, another busy yet successful weekend. Thank goodness for parents (who also bring their hauling vehicles, chainsaws and pressure washers). What was the best part of your weekend?

P.S. Our hideous couch that I never let you see was not accepted by St. Vincent dePaul. Ha! Thankfully, Goodwill took it. Apparently, their standards are a bit lower, but this girl is not complaining!

Comments

siri said…
Cute bedspread!
Sounds like a wonderful weekend. I really like doing yard work! I kind of miss having a yard (I live in a condo), so I always enjoy 'clean up weekend' at my parents cabin each spring. It's nice to feel sore from all the raking, etc. Def works different muscles that I am not used to working!

We've had beautiful weather here, too! Bring on the dresses!
Look on Ruche.com too - LOVE Their dresses and fun jewelry.

pizza looks goood, and well deserved ;) there is Nothing better than a Saturday taht includes a run, some lounging, and some good eats!
Amber said…
LOL hilarious that one place wouldn't even take your couch. Clearly you NEEDED a new one!

Your weekend sounds fab :) I'm also in search of the perfect dress for a wedding at the end of May. It's the weekend after we get back from Europe so maybe I'll find something there!
Twila said…
That pizza looks delish!! I would like a slice please!

Twila
blog.twilasvintageclothing.com
www.twilasvintageclothing.com
Danielle said…
Where did you two go for pizza? I'd love a slice! And nice toe nails--finally got a pedicure today following the marathon. Makes a huge difference.
Danielle-we ate at Steelhead. They have some good pizza (and beer)!

Popular Posts