A little speed never hurt ya

Well, not to much to report on these fronts. It's a busy work day ahead full of meetings, which is unlike most of my Fridays. And, I'm wearing black slacks rather than my typical Friday jean attire, but hey, it's still FRIDAY!

After work, I'll be jetting over to watch some serious runners do their thing at the Oregon Relays. Our SPEED coach, Lauren Fleshman will be running the 5k and other elite runners will be at Hayward doing their thing. Should be fun!

And last night, I was proud of myself. After donning the spandex and heading over to the track to meet the group, I was prepped for a tough workout. I got 15 min of warm up in, we did some drills, a few strides and it was time for the fun to begin.

I chose the pusher workout, while most everyone else was doing a shorter version because they're racing on Sunday.

Here's how I fared:
1600m - 7:17
1600m - 7:12
1200m - 5:22
800m - too tired to calculate
400m - 1:39

Thankfully, we had 2 min rest between each interval. But I was pretty happy that I was able to hold a steady pace the entire time, especially when I tend to start out too fast when attempting tempo pace.

This morning I definitely needed that 25 min yoga for runners session for some tight hamstrings. I need to stretch those better after EVERY run. Are you 'good' at stretching? I know it's really important, but often it's just too cold out or I just want to jump in the shower rather than lay around in sweaty spandex.

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! I'm not sure what I'm doing yet, besides the marathon spectating and a long run, but I hope I find a little time to relax.

Comments

Holy cannasta - you are speedy, lady! Well done!

I never used to be good about stretching, but I have been much better lately. It helps that the weather has been nice, so I don't mind laying in the grass after a run, stretching. And the foam roller has really helped!

I should really start doing yoga, though... I keep saying that, but haven't followed through. Do you do it at home or do you go to a class?
I mostly do it at home via yogadownload.com or davefarmar.com. Gotta love free podcasts!
Anonymous said…
great times!!! also, i don't know if you saw it, but i tried to answer your comment from two days ago.

basically, i think my body is just made for distance running!
Legal-thanks. you're a lucky girl if you've never been injured, but some bodies really just are lucky that way. And getting new shoes regularly is KEY.

Popular Posts