Leaning Forward into your Life

In reading these words, I thought they also might touch and inspire others.

Even in failure, do we not find often that our vision and resolve are strengthened? Perhaps what is more important than hitting exactly what you are aiming at is the simple act of aiming, in itself.

To actively move in the direction of your dreams and be open to the voice of the universe. To pursue each promising lead and allow the story to unfold. But considering our daily lives, it is a struggle for most of us to build up any kind of momentum at all. We find ourselves idling in what we think are pressing tasks. There is something to be said for stability and consistency, but I believe that if you do not make room in your life for purpose and passion, there will never be any.


And just a page later, I was struck by this.

If I am disatisfied with the where of where I stand and the what of what I do, I can either:
a) change the dreams I'm dreaming or
b) love the life I'm living and live it knowing it is everything I need.

~ Lean Forward into your Life by Mary Anne Radmacher

As a person who never quite feels satisfied with the where or the what, this gives some perspective to simply enjoying it. After all, THIS life is all that we have. Things may not be perfect or easy, but the truth is, if we have shelter and people we love (who love us back), what more do we need?

I need to take it easier on myself and let the journey happen. And not only that, I need to ENJOY the ride as it happens. Thanks for the book recommendation, Lisa!

Comments

I'm glad you liked the book! I always get a wee bit nervous when I recommend books to people for fear that they will hate them. I think there is so much wisdom in her book. I go back & re-read sections of it all the time. It's a book I need to read about once a year. I am so freaking hard on myself and this book helps me put things in perspective.
Jen Feeny said…
Absolutely love this quote and post thanks for sharing! I def needed that right now!
Anonymous said…
" I need to ENJOY the ride as it happens" - SO so true, and probably one of the hardest things to comprehend and actually Do when you're stressed or worried or constantly thinking about the next step.

Thanks for sharing :)

Popular Posts