Are you a desk eater or a lunch break taker?

I'm generally half and half. Most of the time, I have good intentions of getting up, going for a walk, heading to the gym for a quick lifting session or just read a magazine and eat lunch anywhere BUT over my keyboard. But often, that's where I find myself.

Yesterday, I was a little stressed, grabbed my lunch, Lean Forward into your Life, and my reusable grocery bag and headed to our local shi shi market. I did a little grocery shopping before sitting down at their tables (just for customers who come in to grab lunch - or in my case groceries, including a Kombucha I enjoyed w/ lunch). It was a nice way to enjoy a new scenery, get some good produce and actually relax on my lunch break.

I highly recommend it!

Also, in Active's enewsletter, I spied Eugene, OR (my city) listed as the first of the Top 5 Trail Running Destinations in U.S.!

I was also excited to see that Nashville, Santa Fe and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan were included because I know people who've lived/will live in all of these places! K (good friend and running buddy) will be moving to the land of the honky tonk for more school, Heather from DOTR is from New Mexico, and the manfriend went to college in the UP of Michigan and raves about it.

Happy almost Friday! I'm excited for the weekend to get here. This Sunday is the Eugene Marathon, so while I'm not running the 1/2 or the full, a lot of my friends are and it will be fun to spectate on le bike w/ friend K. Plus, the city will be jam packed with crazy runners. I think I might even head to the expo...just for fun.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yes! NM, representing on the running scene, I like it! :) thanks for the shoutout, heh.

I usually eat my lunch at my desk or outside, then jet for the "lunch hour" to get out of the office. TJ's trip, barnes & noble, Target, or just a bench outside where I can relax. :) If i had a gym near me that'd be awesome!
Katie said…
I go home every day at lunch and eat with my dog. I'm of the opinion that getting out of the office is vital to maintaining your sanity. Plus, my dog likes having someone come home and play with him for a while.
At my old job, I always ate at my desk and hated it! Now at my new job, I always leave my desk for lunch. There is a really nice courtyard area with tables so I will sit out there & read when the weather is nice enough. There is also a little walking path out there so I try to go out there in the afternoon for a walk or 2 with a good friend to get some fresh air. Makes a world of difference to get a break and breath fresh air!
Kayla said…
I'm definitely a "desk eater" most days, unless I have homework to do for class, then I'll go next door to the union and eat at a table. I wish I would actually enjoy my lunch hour more, but a lot of times that's when I catch up on my blogs. :)
Run Jess Run said…
The UP is gorgeous. I have yet to run up there but it is super pretty.
Amber said…
This past year since I was often rushing from work to school in a 30 minute window I was both a desk eater and a car eater. When I get back to work after my trip I plan on taking breaks at lunch to go for a walk or read a book. Especially in the beautiful summer months!

Popular Posts