Vitamin C and pedicures are all I need

My week has looked like this (more or less) in photos...

Monday I arrived to work to see this HUGE basket of Easter candy on our back table. Therefore, it was required that I make many stops daily to the basket to swipe more chocolate. I love Easter. My mom still makes a basket (or bag) of goodies up for me.

Tuesday I grabbed a free pumpkin loaf with my americano at Starbys! I must say, I could tell the pumpkin loaf has less sugar taste to it so I suppose that means they really are making their pastries healthier.

Then promptly picked up grapefruits at the grocery store and have been packing myself full of Vitamin C between fruits and Emergen C because guess what, I got another cold!

Ultimately, another cold wasn't what I wanted just a few days before I run this 15.5 mile trail run, but I also know that at this point any amount of running I could do wouldn't make my legs any stronger. So I'm taking these forced rest days as a sign that these legs are going to be ready to go on Saturday morning, riiiight? Yes, let's hope so.

Lucky for me, I decided to take tomorrow and Friday off of work so hopefully I can kick this cold with some down time. Tomorrow, I've scheduled my first ever facial at a cute little place downtown called Face It. A few hours later, I'm meeting my mom for pedicures. Not so sure how the pedicure will hold up in the mud, but I can't pass on the opportunity to get the feet pampered!

What's your favorite thing to spend a little extra on? Haircuts/color, massage, pedicure, manicure, facial?

I'm not sure if any of you read Chic Runner, but Danica's recap on the LA Marathon was fabulous, IMO. While she didn't run as well as she had hoped, it was inspiring to follow someone else's marathon journey and be reminded of what an accomplishment it is to be able to train for and run a full marathon. It got me excited for the Portland Marathon, for sure.

Okay, well this sickie needs her rest! I'll be back tomorrow with a few spa recaps if you're lucky.

Comments

Amber said…
Danica's recap made me SO EXCITED for Portland!!!

I'm jealous of all your easter candy! Hehe.

Enjoy your pedicure. I NEVER pass up an opportunity to get my feet pampered. Oh, and facials are the BEST THING EVER. I find them more relaxing then massages!
Enjoy the pampering!!

One of my favorite ways to pamper myself is facials. There is a part that isn't so fun (extraction part) so just be prepared for that, but it's kind of one of those 'no pain, no gain' things... :)

Hope you are back to full health soon! Hopefully your trail run goes well this weekend! I am sure you'll do awesome!
Kyla Roma said…
Enjoy the time off your feet! I've started coming down with something recently too and my best way to get on the mend is just lots and lots of naps.

Good luck on the trail run! That sounds amazing, you're a trooper!
Anonymous said…
Pedicures are Definitely worth the splurge, especially for the runner-types ;) gotta spoil those feet Sometimes!

i'm getting my first massage (since highschool) tomorrow - that might be a new splurge thing, depends on how it goes..ha

Popular Posts