Lunges will make you remember why you did them in the first place.

It's true isn't it? Kind of like push ups when you do just a few more than you think you can (And yes, Heather, I'm doing extra push ups each morning because you suggested it.) Well, yesterday after a quick weight lifting session on my lunch hour, I went upstairs into the indoor suspended track and did 30 or so lunges. I didn't think too much of it...other than "I wonder if this will hurt?" And today, I'm pretty dang sore. It's a good thing though. We need the soreness occasionally to remind us we're really not all THAT fit and we better keep the train a movin'.

In some poor late attempt to get some cycling in for this weekend's duathalon, I had manfriend fix my bike tire and set up the trainer last night. I did a quick 30 min spin session while he prepared our chicken stir fry din din. Amazing how quickly spinning can get you sweating. And boy did those legs feel it!

Today, I did a mini duathalon at lunch...4 min run to the gym, 10 min spinning, 20 min treadmill (2% incline, 6-7mph). And after work since the sun was a shining, I hopped on the bike for a quick 11 miles on the road before making dinner. Tomorrow I'll probably fit in a little easy riding and running as long as these legs aren't shot. Which reminds me...I need to stretch!

Okay, I can't think anymore. Must mean it's bedtime. What is your go to SORE move? The one you do when you know you want to feel the burn later, or that you forget every time makes your buns, abs, or biceps hurt a day later.

Comments

Amber said…
Lunges and squats FOR SURE. They do it for me everytime!! Everytime I do level 3 of the 30-day shred - which is full of em' - I end up SO SORE after!!

I did a speedy 2-mile run tonight followed by a 45-minute spin class and I'm planning on beating my legs up on the track tomorrow morning. Then they can rest ;)
Anonymous said…
welcome to the challenge!! reminds me that I haven't done mine this a.m. yet - haha, dangit!

you're a workout queen over there, you just keep going! whew. My go-to exercise is definitely SQUATS - I always feel the burn after those things, it never fails. Lunges do the trick too, but it takes a little more from them. I do like 2 squats and the next day it hurts. ;)
Definitely lunges & squats for me as well! And really good ab work outs, too. I love it when i feel sore. Nice to know that i got a good workout in!

I finally got around to watching the movie, Prefontaine last night. Such a good movie, but so so so sad. I was literally cheering along when he was runnign the 5,000 at the Munich olympics. The end was just so so sad, though.
Katie said…
Squats, crunches, and push-ups! They make me sore every time!

Popular Posts