Cycling legs, customer service and Vienna?

These white legs saw 60 min of UV rays (and 11 miles on the bike) today. Soon enough, they'll be used to this whole sun thing. You're welcome, Siri, for photos of my legs. I'm loving this warmer weather...another day in the high 50s!

I rode the bike to work and then back home at lunch to grab my car and head to Les Schwab to get my tires checked out.



My car had been pulling to the left and I knew it had something to do with the tires. If you've not been or don't have Les Schwab in your part of the country, they have some seriously good and speedy customer service (those guys are running everywhere). In fact, if the phone rings and the customer service lady can't grab it, one of the guys from the shop comes running inside.

I'm not sure how they're able to switch responsibilities so quickly, but they're sure earning their keep! How important do you think customer service is in your choice of product or service? For me, it just depends on the item. But in the realm of my car (and since I can't call my dad at any given moment to fix it), I trust it to Les Schwab because I feel confident in their abilities and their forethought to tell the customer what's going on.

In this case, my left front tire was bulging and causing the car to pull to the left. So, they suggested either putting on a new tire or a used one (to better match the right front used tire). Bottom line, I left Les Schwab with the problemo fixed and a bill of...$0! Absolutely nothin! As part of their customer service guarantee, they often will fix, adjust, test the tires and not charge a dime because they know that when you are ready for brand new tires, you'll be back!

Okay, time to hit the hay. I left the sports bra at home today so I couldn't meet up with the group for the Monday run. And you know how "the girls" need their support. Instead, I drove home, geared up, and the manfriend biked next to me as I busted out a nice quick 5er. It was nice to have a chatting buddy. The last two minutes I really kicked it into high gear. It was one of those runs that just felt GOOD.

Then we met up with the runners for pizza, followed by grocery shopping and watching Jake pick...VIENNA?! Don't get it, but who really cares? And that Wings of Love song they played immediately following his proposal, it sucked. Nighty night!

Comments

Anonymous said…
high 50s and sun?! March is treating you OR-ers right ;) Your easy 5-er sounds like my kind-a run - chatting buddy, sunshine, feeling good - doesn't get much better!
pen said…
We're having wonderful weather like that too! It's amazing to be able to bike in early march without freezing your toesies off!

So, question about bike commuting: do you shower when you get into work? Or just change clothes? Or, even better do you just sport the cycling shoes all day at work? :)
Amber said…
The whole west coast must be getting amazing weather, I was running around with a t-shirt and no jacket in Kamloops yesterday! Beautiful!
pen-I just wipe off with a towel when I get to work...no shower at our old building. I don't get too sweaty usually. I do bring another pair of shoes to change into. It would be pretty funny to wear the cycling shoes w/ dress pants. ;)
Laura said…
I was appalled at the choice of Vienna as well, but I've known about it for months since I'm all over TWOP and spoilers :) Still, I really loved Tenley and actually cried when she was crying as Jake rejected her!
I didn't watch this season - felt like each season it was getting more & more scripted by ABC! I did tune in & watch the ending. Wasn't impressed AT ALL. And that song? Could they have picked anything more cheesy? Yikes.

My legs are glow-in-the-dark white right now! Can't wait for them to get a little sun. It was gorgeous here today, too! Not that I actually got to see or experience it, but it was nice to look out the window & see bright skies!

Oh, and as for the customer service question - it totally makes a difference for me. At least most of the time. I always take my car to a certain dealership to have it serviced. They are so nice there & years ago, my radio stopped working. They replaced it for free - I should have had to pay for it since it was past the warranty but the guy said that he saw from my records that I come there for all my oil changes so he fudged the mileage so it would be covered by the warranty! So I am now a customer for life there! :)

Popular Posts