unphased?

I almost forgot how crappy Mondays are. Good thing this one came back to remind me just how special they can be. Let's just say, after something happens to you enough times, you're immune to it. Almost.

Saturday morning, I headed out on a rainy 40 mile group ride and I crashed for my 4th time (on this whole clip in pedal bike) while going over railroad tracks. Word to the wise (i.e. newbie cyclists): Be sure to go over railroad tracks EXTREMELY slowly and at a 90 deg angle, especially when it's rainy. I flew off my bike and landed on my side leaving my elbow hip and knee scraped up, a decent whiplash and a hole in my brand new cycling jacket. I knew better. And the worst part was that I was more pissed about the jacket than anything. Fabulous. I'm kind of done with this whole falling thing.

Then Sunday, around 6AM we get a knock on manfriend's door to find none other than the police outside! A thief had been prowling the neighborhood breaking in to three other cars within just 45 min of the knock. They managed to take about $4 in change, my cell phone car charger, empty Macbook box and some lame country cd's. The most entertaining part was that my trunk was packed full of kitchen odds and ends and shoe boxes from the move and the thief had the nerve to rifle through every last item, while making a mess of the car and breaking my rear side window.

Sunday we had plans of heading to the mountain for little downhill skiing. After cleaning up the car mess, vacuuming up the glass and taping a classy cardboard makeshift window to the vehicle, manfriend and I stuck with the plan. Armed with warm clothing, ski gear, Starbucks and the Sunday paper, we headed off to what was one of my best days on the mountain ever (minus the whiplash that allowed me to only rotate my head about 90 degrees).

Manfriend claimed he would be skiing circles around me, which I can tell you did NOT happen. However, for his fourth time skiing, he wasn't bad. Curses for not purchasing a replacement battery charger for my small camera, which means no photos for you. The views of Waldo Lake and the sun peaking through snow covered trees were breathe taking.

Last night, we got our exhausted selves home and I headed back to my place for one last vacuum and cleaning of the room. I shut the light off and headed back home for a comforting dinner of cheddar cheese melted on top of a few slices of turkey lunch meat and tomato slices all on sour dough bread, AKA "cheese on bread."

Never tried it? You must. My mom used to make it for us when we were little. Feel free to try a variety of versions, including avocado, ham, marinara sauce, etc. The most important ingredient however, is the cheese.

So after a little Sunday recovery, Monday arrived just in time to remind me that window needed fixed and the rest of my week is filled with meetings and long work days. Four hours and $150 later, I'll have that tiny triangular window back. Anyone else having a case of the Mondays? If not, let's here why your Monday is going great. I could use some pick me ups right about now (and a nice hot chai latte).

Comments

Amber said…
OH NO! That's so gay that someone broke into your car. What jerks.

Glad you got to go skiing though, that sounds fun!

My Monday is blah, too. Haha!
Oh geez, that really sucks. I am sorry. So annoying to deal with. :( Boo.

This Monday was much better than I was anticipating. I was expecting it to be a biach. But it was actually an ok day since I had only 2 hours of meetings - not 6 like I had every day last week. Seriously so meeting'd out right now!

Skiing sounds awesome!
Barbara said…
That really sucks that someone broke into your car. Years ago the same thing happened to me and all they stole was my CD's and a friends camera. You'd think they would have stolen the stereo or something with more value. Thieves are stupid.
Anonymous said…
ah, geeze, lady! You had quite the weekend :-/ glad you guys stuck to the ski plan and you enjoyed the slopes on Sunday, though!

My monday wasn't much better, but I just got back from a morning run and am finally feeling a little more upbeat for the week. ;) hope the neck is feeling better!
healthy ashley said…
Sorry about the fall and your car! Someone broke into my car once and it was terrible.

And I LOVE your comment on my blog.. especially ""Lots of hippy types and the studio kind of smells funky." My studio was like that too!

Popular Posts