Oh sweet massage heaven...

Oh lord you guys, that massage was awesome. It was a first time for me visiting the Gervais Aveda salon and spa in town. The massage therapy place I normally go to is a little less fuss, but my therapist there gives an awesome deep tissue massage.

Yesterday's spa experience included a bathrobe and spa sandals, choosing my own essential oil (tangerine for me!), a fabulous hour long massage, and finally the choice of a hot shower or warm foot bath w/ warm neck compress. I chose the foot bath. What a nice way to complete a relaxing massage. My neck is feeling somewhat better, but still could use some work and stretching.

Have you had a spa experience? I almost felt guilty I was doing that on a work night, but it was great. I highly suggest getting a massage at a fussy place if you have the chance. And thanks to the manfriend, I didn't have to pay for the full shabang. I had a lovely little gift certif. that helped me swallow the bill a bit easier. ;)

Okay, time for a little book recap. I think I might have mentioned a while back that I was looking forward to reading Christine Coppa's Rattled! memoir. Well, I read it (couldn't really put it down several evenings) and really enjoyed it.

Since I love Chrissy's blog, I knew I'd love the book, but it was nice to dig a bit deeper into her journey of being storked at 26 and following her through her pregnancy and beyond. As I read pieces of it, I was taken back to posts I remember her writing as it was all happening. It's nice to have the full story.

And I have to say, my ideas on having a baby at what you might think is "the wrong time" has changed thanks to Chrissy's experience. We might think we have our plans and life's important events (marriage, baby, career, buying that 1st home) all mapped out, but when something comes along that doesn't quite fit the timeline, we shouldn't deny it. Sometimes, adjusting at letting life happen can return the greatest reward. I'm now on to Three Cups of Tea. What's on your night stand/book shelf right now?

If anyone would like me to mail you my copy of Rattled! just let me know in the comments! First come, first served.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Aren't massages the best thing ever!!!
Amber said…
I'm SO JEALOUS of your massage. I need one badly and I'm hoping I can convince my mom to make me an appointment (and pay for it) when I'm home next week. Hehe.

I wasn't actually a big fan of Rattled. Chrissy is a great writer, but she came off kind of whiny in that book (I thought) and it kind of annoyed me. It was interesting to learn more about her, though!
Britni said…
I love massages and am getting one for Valentine's Day. Yay!
I love massages - I haven't had one is almost 4 years, though, so should really treat myself to one! Esp since I have been so stressed lately!!

In your comment, you asked about the poems I posted - they did come from that book I blogged about awhile back (Lean Forward into Life). Such a great book w/ great poems like the ones I posted!
Anonymous said…
I'm glad you treated yourself to that spa day!! sounds much deserved over there :)

I haven't heard of Rattled - am I the first to request it?? :) heh, always up for a good book! I'm currently reading "Tender at the Bone" by Ruth Reitchl - really entertaining! (memoir of a chef)
P.O.M. said…
Hi!
YES, I am a huge fan of fancy massages. Gift certificates are always a good idea when family members ask "What can we get you for...."

I'm reading "Look me in the eye.: It's a memior about a guy with Asperbergers (sp?). It's just ok. His brother wrote "Running with Scissors" and "Dry" which were better, imo.
Shoshanah said…
I read Rattled a few months ago and really enjoyed it. It was interesting to see a different side of Chrissy from the one she normally present on her blog.

Popular Posts