Mouse on the loose and other Friday fun

It's been a busy day OFF so far. I made blueberry pancakes and organic bacon for the man this morning because I'm nice like that. Then I did 75 min of a Dave Farmar yoga podcast. I was only planning to do 30-45 min, but once you get going and you start feeling the burn, it's hard to stop. After a while, my arms and quads were really feeling it after so many chaturangas and side angle poses.

After checking the weather and realizing this rain was not going to stop, I gave up hopes to head out on the bike and went to the gym for a little aqua jogging. Thirty minutes of boredom later, my legs were tired and I hopped out. Next stop: grocery store for some baking necessities! I'm visiting some of my high school friends this weekend so I figured why not whip up something yummy?

On my way home, I promptly stopped by our local donut shop for a few donut holes and some awesome el cheapo coffee. Sometimes, you've just gotta give in to your cravings. And, what's a few donut holes gonna hurt?


On another note, I have to figure out how to trap a mouse. I'm not joking. Jonah Bell just found one and has been chasing it around. Unfortunately, she can't catch it and this girl just called the man screaming about a mouse running around the house. Moral of the story...Mouse: 1, Lauren: 0. I HATE RODENTS. Manfriend better have this situation taken care of by Sunday afternoon, if ya know what I mean!

Okay, hope everyone is having a fabulous Friday. Meanwhile, I'll be hopping around the house trying to get packed and do some baking with my new friend mousie on the loose. Y-U-C-K! So, in the spirit of what's running around my house right now, what is your absolutely least favorite animal? I despise any type of rodent, spider, or flying thing (birds and flying squirrels included).

Last night's beer tasting @ Oakshire Brewing Co. was a lot of fun. I even found a few new favorites (besides the Espresso Stout that I love so much), like the Amber and WaterShed IPA.

I love the graphic design of their labels! So fun and vibrant.

Happy weekend everyone!

Comments

Jess2Impress said…
Yeah this weather is horrible! I was really enjoying the spurt of sun we were having!

Where are those donuts from? They look GOOD!
pen said…
oh donut holes!

And I would be freaking out about a mouse too!! I just hope that my cat or dog would get rid of it...
Amber said…
We always used to put peanut butter on the mouse trap. The one that snaps there neck. I've never used any other kind. Haha

I HATE aqua jogging. Only tried it once but couldn't handle it. I would much rather just swim laps!
Jess-It was just a local donut shop. It used to be a Dunkin Donuts, but they pulled a lot of their shops on the west coast a few years ago.

Mouse update: the dog did catch the mouse. Yuck. Enough said.

Amber-yeah, it's not easy or fun, but sometimes I just figure it's prob good for my body to get the running motion and the resistance in without all that pounding. I have to tell myself not to look at the clock for 4 laps or something just so I don't stare at it the entire time. ;)
Anonymous said…
I LOVE Donut-holes!! perfect way to give into a "sweets" craving without going overboard, too. :) Yum!

Uh - I hope the manfriend did take care of that rodent. Ewww...

hope you had a fun girls' weekend!
Um, I am terrified of mice. Absolutely terrified. I understand that they are much smaller than us so are probably even more afraid of us but they freak me out. I hope the man friend catches it very soon. I don't think I could sleep at night knowing there was a mouse in the house! Yikes!!
Laura said…
Ooh, those beers do look really fun! And so glad at least someone ELSE caught the mouse, though I imagine that wasn't pretty...

Popular Posts