Manfriend Makes Salad

Thursday night it was the man's turn to make dinner. Unless we go out to eat, Thurs nights will be his night to wow me in the kitchen. I came home after a hard workout to these lovely salads. Just what the body needs after a tough run!

Do notice the design. Manfriend put an extra special touch on mine to make it pretty.

Manfriend's salad

Sassy's salad


After such a healthy meal, it was time to bust out this Costco sized bag of chocolate chips.


Choc chip cookies, here we come! Didn't snap a photo of the finished product, but they must have been good bc the man ate all 25 or so of them in just a few days. I think I had a total of maybe four. Gotta love boys and their appetites!



And lastly, did you guys see this? The crash in the ski cross race where U.S. skier Daron Rahlves dislocates his hip midrace. Ouch!


I didn't see the US beat Canada in hockey, but I have been watching speed skating, ice dancing and ski cross. Fun stuff! I have to say, curling is the weirdest sport ever. Fri night was my first time actually seeing it played and all I could think was "really, they got to the Olympics?" Okay, I digress.

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! It was sunny and in the 50s both Saturday and Sunday in Oregon! Love, love, loved it!

Comments

Anonymous said…
The presentation is perfecto ;) ha, that's cute. I haven't baked C-chip cookies in forever! Might have to put that on the agenda this week...

Haven't been watching the Olympics hardly at all (no TV, usually watch stuff on Hulu :) ) but I'm with ya on the curling thing. We watched it for a little while at the restaurant on Friday and I'm like uh....really? heh, oh well.
That salad looks delish - I love that he works on the presentation for yours to make it pretty for you! That's awesome!

Curling is huge here in Minnesota. I have never tried it. It's definitely an interesting sport. We have a couple of curling clubs & have tried to go there for team building events but it is such a popular sport, it is so tough to get a reservation to try out the sport!!
Emily said…
OMG the salad looks delish and the cookie dough looks to die for! Screw baking cookies...I'll take the bowl of chocolate chippy doughy goodness!

Popular Posts