Let the Countdown Begin!

In just one week from today, the Vancouver Winter Olympics begins! Amber recently posted her experience on seeing the Olympic Torch as it came through Kamloops. I remember seeing the torch a few years ago as it passed through Tracktown, USA. It was very cool to think of all the places this thing had been and the people who had touched it. To see photos of this year's torch relay, click here.

I'm getting all kinds of excited about the games. If you didn't know, I'm a HUGE fan. It would be my dream to work for the Olympic committee in various capacities of: organizing the torch relay, facilitating marketing, PR or social media for the games, working with the Olympic city on logistics, etc. Just saying...

So, let's hear it! What's your favorite Winter Olympics sport to watch? I of course can't just pick one, but here's what I enjoy watching in order of preference.

1. ski jumping
2. alpine skiing
3. speed skating
4. figure skating
5. bobsled

For a list of the sports included in the winter games, visit the Vancouver 2010 site.

For the schedule and to watch LIVE coverage online, click here.

Friday Fun Fact: Guess who's getting internet at the manfriend's? It's about freaking time! Blogging, surfing, writing, emailing, online shopping, etc. can now be done whenever.I.want.

Comments

Jen Feeny said…
I'm excited too! Can't wait! Yay!!!! Have a great weekend girly!
I'm so excited for the Olympics! I just love the Olympics!! So glad we get to watch them every 2 years!

I am most excited for Alpine skiing & figure skating. But really, I can lose myself for hours watching any sport!
Run Jess Run said…
I get sucked into women's figure skating...those little girls doing those amazing things is great to watch!
Amber said…
I'm most excited about HOCKEY! My friends are going to Vancouver for a whole week the first week that the Olympics are there and I'm SO FREAKING JEALOUS of them. They are going to a bunch of concerts and a hockey game.

I just keep chanting, "saving for Europe" in my head to remind myself why I'm NOT going with them. *sigh*
Emily said…
I can't wait! I love the sappy stories they tell between events. I don't think I can choose one sport as my favorite! My college house actually got really into curling last winter olympics, which was bizarre but super fun.
Anonymous said…
I heart the figure skating!! it's always been a favorite :) but, definitely love watching the ski/snowboarders too, so impressive!

hope you're having a good wkend!

xo
healthy ashley said…
I'm slightly embarrassed to say this, but I've never gotten into the Olympics at all! Eeek!
siri said…
Since you're such a winter olympic junkie, I thought I'd brag a little bit and let you know that Norwegian public broadcasting (which has 3 channels) broadcasts the olympics 24/7- all 16 days. A bit of a overload, for some, but I think it's awesome.

Popular Posts