Weekend Recap

The weekend list:
- date with manfriend (dinner and bowling/movie)
- moving dresser and nightstand from old place
- boot camp workout
- meal planning for next week or two
- run and coffee w/ runners
- push ups
- Dave Farmar yoga podcast

How I fared:
-Date night was a check, check! Manfriend and I went for beer and food at one of our local McMenamin's where I got the Ruby (a light and fruity beer) and he got the Terminator (a lovely stout). Then we went to see Up in the Air...good movie!
-Saturday afternoon we moved my dresser and some clothes still left in my closet.
-Saturday morning I went to boot camp where we did lots of yoga, some weights and abs.
-I did a bit of meal planning and got food for several meals this week. Yay! It's so stressful when I have to not only workout, but then stop by the grocery store and finally cook dinner on a week day after a full eight hrs of work!
-Yesterday morning I set out for a wet 7 miler and then stopped for coffee with the runners. After getting home, I grabbed the dog and went running for another 1.5 miles. She was not feeling it.
-Fit in a few sets of push ups this weekend!
-FAIL on the yoga podcast, but that's okay bc I still did yoga.

And beyond the list: Yesterday's mileage mixed with Saturday's boot camp left me majorly wiped by yesterday afternoon. Manfriend had been out in the cold rain for a nice 50 miles on the bike and I had done my running thing. We both grabbed some left over crockpot chili for lunch before heading out for errands.

I'm usually chipper and full of energy, but yesterday was a no go. We were planning to do some more moving, but didn't. Instead, we filled my gas tank, made a stop at Starbucks and went to Bed, Bath and Beyond for a few supplies.

Since manfriend's roommate is moving and taking his couch with him, we're on a hunt for a new couch (and our first real purchase together). I managed to make it to two furniture stores and test out couches. So many nice couches and such a hard decision! It felt good to get our couch hunt started though.

Next, we hit up the grocery store where we both probably made a few impulse buys thanks to hunger/exhaustion. Me: yogurt covered pretzels and choc. milk. But we also got a cart full of meals we can have this week. I'm excited. Last night I even whipped up some tofu goodness thanks to Iowa Eats Girl's inspiration! Photos to come...

Comments

Sounds like a really productive/splendid weekend. It was rainy here all weekend, and at times sleeting, so I skipped my long run for the week and just did a short speed run on the treadmill.

Good luck finding a couch you both like! What a fun first purchase for you two!
Amber said…
Sounds like a great weekend! Very productive. My weekend was SUPER productive too. It probably helped that I stayed in and didn't drink at all - the weekends I go out and drink I tend to be a lot less productive! Haha
WHew, busy busy over there! It definitely takes a LOT of energy to move - not to mention all the shopping for "things". good luck on the couch hunt! :)

oh, and I Loved Up in the Air! good stuff - but was kind of sad about the "twist" in the storyline. :/ ah, well.

Popular Posts