On enchiladas, runs and peanut butter balls.

Yep, I referenced balls in my title. Well, you can't really avoid it when that's what you're making.

It all started when Frayed Laces published her budget friendly Powerbar recipe on her blog. Then I recently came across a bit more complicated pb ball recipe. And finally, I saw Heather's PB ball recipe last week. Well, Monday night I had the baking itch and made not only FL's Powerballs, but some pumpkin, walnut raisin bread. Isn't it funny how something like green monster smoothies, overnight oats or pb balls get passed around the blogosphere?

I was lazy and didn't take photos, but I can assure you the bread was awesome. The balls are a bit dry, but good. I packed one today for a post lunch run pick me up. Honey, pb, oats and flour sure hit the spot along with some cold H2O. The sun was nice enough to make an appearance this afternoon just as I headed out on my run along the river and on to the bark trail. You've gotta take advantage of getting your Vitamin D when you can in the middle of winter!

Next time I'm going to reduce the amount of flour and oats in my recipe and add some coconut and maybe a few choc chips and chopped nuts. I also want to make Tina's Homemade Refuel bars! The idea of buying $1+ clif/luna/younameit bars sounds kind of crazy when you can whip some up at home with no sweat! Anyone else have a good refuel recipe?

Last night I whipped up chicken enchiladas w/ green chilis, pepperjack and avacado, leaving me fabulous leftovers for today. Don't you just love having an exciting lunch? And don't you also love getting your workout over with in the am or on the lunch hour so you have an evening of freedom?!

Well friends, my dad's coming down after work to help me move by bed over to the manfriend's house. My room is nearly empty so I guess this thing is official! I'm trying not to let the boxes and piles of stuff in manfriend's dining room get to me, but the control freak in me just can't wait until order is restored.

Comments

Very exciting that the move is coming together!

I made peanut butter balls to take to my family's Christmas celebration and they were a hit. I ate way too many but dang they were delicious!

I love leftovers. I always make a big enough meal on Sundays so I will have at least 4 days of leftovers. :)
Amber said…
Hmmmmm. Peanut butter balls sound pretty freaking amazing!

Glad the move is going so well. You'll have to post some pics of the new digs when it's all done!
Anonymous said…
I stopped buying Luna/CLIF bars a while ago - I'll grab one every now and then, but just couldn't justify $6+/wk on something I could imitate with other foods (i.e. bread + pb!) :) I've never tried making my OWN though..hmm....

p.s. we added some extra honey and pb to the "balls" recipe - heh. :) and rolling them in chopped nuts is Delicious!r

Popular Posts