Today's DailyGood, not so good

I think everybody should just turn off their TV machines and make up their own songs about whatever comes to mind-their couch, their friends their loaves of bread. Everybody's got their own songs. There should be so many songs out there that it all turns into one big sound and we can put the whole thing into a pickup truck and let it roll off the edge of the Grand Canyon.
--Beck Hansen

Fact of the Day:
Happy people spend a lot of time socializing, going to church and reading newspapers -- but they don't spend a lot of time watching television, a new study finds. That's what unhappy people do. Although people who describe themselves as happy enjoy watching television, it turns out to be the single activity they engage in less often than unhappy people, said John Robinson, a professor of sociology at the University of Maryland.


Dear DailyGood,

Since when did Private Practice, Grey's Anatomy, Jon & Kate + 8 and Little People Big World become such a crime? Thank you for telling me I must be unhappy because I indulge in a few weekly favorites. I'll politely pretend that these rules don't apply to me because well, they're just shows and I read books, watch the news, read the newspaper, go to athletic events and go running with two run clubs on a regular basis.

Thanks!
Sass

PS-If you ever find me laying on my couch for hours on end 7 days a week, then you can call me a shmuck who needs to find happiness, but not until then.

Comments

Danielle said…
I think it's not that happy people don't watch any TV, just less of it--and four hours of TV a week is WAY less than the average American. So, enjoy your shows--especially if it makes you happy!
Anonymous said…
You and me both! I have "my" shows--shows that I watch week in and week out--but on the whole, I consider myself a very happy, well-rounded person. TV is a release, it isn't where I go to find myself. I think it's all in the balance. That Prof. Robinson can suck it.

Popular Posts