Feliz Navidad!

Here Jenn and I are after baking and decorating for 6 hrs a few weeks ago. Gotta love those gingerbread men!

I'm back in the office recovering from the sugar coma I've been in for the past four days. From coffee cake, to ginger snaps, to margaritas, wine and chocolates, I've had my share of sugar and fat to last me until the end of 2008. I'm pretty sure I was never hungry Christmas day thanks to those 14 gingersnaps, the cup of hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps, and goodies from my stocking. Damn Gina, it's time to get back on that healthy eating wagon. Luckily, I managed to run 11 miles on Christmas Eve to keep up my training for an upcoming half marathon in a few weeks and to help burn off some of those evil, but oh-so-yummy cookies.

It doesn't really help that this morning when I finally arrived at work, (tired from last night's dinner and drinks with the high school friends in Portland) that there were fresh cinnamon rolls sitting in our office. Double damn.

Anyway, I'm trying to get some stuff done before I pack tonight and then head back to Portland tomorrow for my 5am flight to El Paso on Saturday morning. Yawn.

I hope Santa was good to you this year (assuming you didn't deserve a pile of coal in your stocking). I unexpectedly received a Garmin Nuvi from the parents so I can travel to my heart's content in any city without getting lost. Cheers to no longer printing off MapQuest directions!

Comments

T-Dizzle said…
I totally sympathize with the sugar coma feeling. I feel like the whole time I was in LA I was in a daze from my altered mental state due to loads and loads of sugar. I made sugar cookies with Gary's daughter (complete with homemade icing), made cinnamon rolls and banana bread, and consumed more than my fair share of chocolates and other assorted sweets. Just thinking about it now makes me want to crawl under my bed and die. At least you got your exercise in! I, unfortunately, didn't. Ick. Yeah I feel pretty gross. But I'm avoiding sugar like the plague now, so that should help me get back to normal.

PS I need one of those gadgets
T-Dizzle said…
PS LOVE the pics! You are completely darling. I miss you so much.

PPS We are going to have SO MUCH FUN in March!! YAY!!

Popular Posts