Run Like Hell 1/2


Yesterday, Candice, Kristin and I (partners in crime from the Eugene Running Co.) ran the Run Like Hell 1/2 Marathon in Portland, OR.

The night before we drove up and checked into our hotel. Then we met up with a few other ERC friends for dinner at Pastini's (yumm) for some much-needed carb loading and then the Saucebox for a good drink (because what runner doesn't need a drink or two the night before race day).

Because it's 10 days before Halloween they encourage costumes. However, we seemed to be in the minority joining in on the costume contest, but we rocked them like nobody's business. Since there were three of us it made for an entertaining run with spectators yelling "oh, there's another one ahead of you" and "bzzz" and "the third must have stopped to pollenate." Haha, so funny. But the costumes definitely made the 13 miles a little more bearable.


It was a gorgeous day and the race course was cool, taking us downtown Portland and then uphill for about four miles to OHSU and then all down hill from there. Luckily, there was no rain or wind and the sun even made an appearance.

Afterward, we showered, headed to Pioneer Square for free beer and food and then did a little shopping at Nordstrom and JCrew. Lucky for me, I didn't find anything I HAD to have so I escaped with no large dent in the bank account. It was pretty much a perfect weekend.

Comments

KGreg said…
Yes, I would say you rocked your costumes. Teresa and I will have costume pics after breakfast club this weekend... not bees, though.

Also, I was just tagged for my first meme, and I have to tag four other writers, so I choose you! You can check out my blog for details. :)

Popular Posts